*@#₩#@*

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

I noticed on Saturday a guy who had vocally declared his disgust at the sideways crab passing move and let slip with F word. The steward shouted " oi less of that " to which he swore again and was then threatened with ejection by a senior steward. I was surprised by this and have on occasions let the odd industrial language slip into a few outbursts. The Kop then sang a song in unison including several profanities. Apparently if you sing it en masse then it's acceptable ? What are the rules ? Have they changed recently? Why is it only lone perpetrators are punished ?

Was this dead centre, row AAish of the Kop?

Also kudos to the the person who managed to spew almost the entire length of the stairs from the back of the Kop to the steps down to the concourse.

Also kudos to the the person who managed to spew almost the entire length of the stairs from the back of the Kop to the steps down to the concourse.

It always amazes me how pissed many people seem to need to be at the football. This was a 12.30 kick off and I saw many people knocking pints back beforehand like they were on a mission to get the extra hours of drinking in that they were missing.

No front row J block

No front row J block

Ah there was an old boy near me who looked furious that a steward had come along the row to tell him something.

Really depressing.

Can't smoke in a pub, can't drink from a can outdoors, can't swear at the football, & God forbid you should voice an opinion that offends someone's precious sensibilities.

Food banks & people sleeping in doorways? Perfectly acceptable.

The world is arse about face.

If I was to stand during the game I would be ejected eventually . However if 200 stand nothing is done. I assume it's the same for swearing. I guess if like me you feel the need for a potty mouthed outburst now and again it's best to blend it in and not go solo.

Good point

Next match I insist we all swear profusely together

It’s the only way

Really depressing.

Can't smoke in a pub, can't drink from a can outdoors, can't swear at the football, & God forbid you should voice an opinion that offends someone's precious sensibilities.

Food banks & people sleeping in doorways? Perfectly acceptable.

The world is arse about face.
Please don't say arse.

I thought swearing was only a problem in the family stand?

When I've been in the family stand there's been plenty of swearing. Assumed it is accepted as it's a football match and not a library or church. Previous experience with stewards makes me think it's individuals they have an issue with and not the offence.

I swear loads at the footy, it's a good release. I also stand for the entire game.

Never been told once.

The Kop is a joke anyway

I thought swearing was only a problem in the family stand?

So did I but not the case as this guy was going to be lobbed out which made me think what the actual ruling was and why was it not consistently applied

I can't see anything wrong with the odd profanity.
It's when the perpetrator stands up, gives it both barrels as if they have been on the coffee (!) for 24 hours and every other word is a naughty word.
They deserve to be thrown out.

I remember back in the day when Joachim was the star man any way a fan turned up with his old man he looked to be in his 70's, the son apologised to everyone before the game started letting everyone know his dad could be a bit vocal.
The son spent the first 70 minutes slagging Joachim off with many colourful and poignant expletives until Joachim put a screamer in, he then punched his old man and told everyone around him what a great player he was, priceless!! His old man just sat there shaking his head and looking slightly embarrassed about his sons passion.

I can't see anything wrong with the odd profanity.
It's when the perpetrator stands up, gives it both barrels as if they have been on the coffee (!) for 24 hours and every other word is a naughty word.
They deserve to be thrown out.
Agreed it has to expessive not just used a comma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757