1and1 newsletter 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

Anybody use 1and1.co.uk? Anybody use their newsletter tool and see what the morons have done to it re: version 2.0?

They have imported ALL email addresses from the old version and now give you no means of exporting those addresses, no way of filtering them, no obvious way of selecting all for deletion and more pathetically no way of ensuring unsubscribes on the old version are migrated through to the new version.

Idiots.

If none of the above means anything to you then you are very lucky you aren't using the 1and1 newsletter tool :mad:

I don't know anything about your problem, but I'm not a fan of 1and1.

I bought a domain through them just over a year ago, as they had a special offer on. As the renewal date approached I decided to move it to a different company, as 1and1's renewal price was about twice as much as elsewhere. I initiated the transfer, and removed my payment card from their system, just so they couldn't charge me.

Most companies have automated systems that allow transfers to take place as soon as you approve them. Not 1and1. 1and1 held on to it for several days after I approved the transfer, so it reached the renewal date. They then invoiced me for the renewal. I didn't pay - and the transfer went ahead the next day.
Now they've passed this "debt" to a debt collection agency who have sent me a threatening letter.

I recommend you move to a more reputable company.

I recommend you move to a more reputable company.

To be fair, I've been with them for over 12 years and they have been generally good.

Mind you, unlike you I haven't tried to move on yet!

To be fair, I've been with them for over 12 years and they have been generally good.

You didn't seem too happy when you posted this... http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthrea...sletter-tool?p=1019982&viewfull=1#post1019982

I've been a 1and1 customer a number of times over the years, I've had a dedicated server with them, but I didn't keep it for long, and a hosting account which also didn't last long. They've always done something to upset me. The only reason I went back to them last year was due to a special offer on domains, because I didn't think they'd have the opportunity to **** that up...

Jeff - I've got several domain names with 1and1 but one in particular I use solely for email newsletters. Can you recommend a host I should transfer that domain name to based on the strength of their newsletter tool?

Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670