2 Keepers out - 1 to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Pentney and Logan out on loan to York and Stockport. Always good for improvement if they get a run of first team games.

Now where the feck is that useless lump Douglas hiding so we can get him out - permanently!

Pentney and Logan out on loan to York and Stockport. Always good for improvement if they get a run of first team games.

Now where the feck is that useless lump Douglas hiding so we can get him out - permanently!

buy douglas get hughes free, i said you buy one get one free

As long as Mike Stowell is here we'll always have a goalkeeping crisis.

Is Douglas helping stowell with the coaching now?:confused:
if he is BIG mistake :018::018::018:

Stowell couldn't go on the Scotland trip so Rab went in his place as GK coach. I don't think its permanent but even if it was, what's the problem with Rab being a coach?

Stowell couldn't go on the Scotland trip so Rab went in his place as GK coach. I don't think its permanent but even if it was, what's the problem with Rab being a coach?

Because he is drawing an obscene amount of our money each week to be a top GK!

I dread to think what Levein persuaded the board to agree to but it is probably at least 10x what the best GK coach would earn!

Last edited:
There's zero chance of him being hired at the same wage if his job description changed to a full time GK coach FFS! But while he's our "player" and being paid an obscene wage, I can't see a problem in getting something useful out of him. For a week. In Scotland.

There's zero chance of him being hired at the same wage if his job description changed to a full time GK coach FFS! But while he's our "player" and being paid an obscene wage, I can't see a problem in getting something useful out of him. For a week. In Scotland.

For a week, in Scotland, fine! But he is still here costing us money!

I hope the contracts for the new players are heavily weighted to appearances!

For a week, in Scotland, fine! But he is still here costing us money!
As a player though - it's nothing to do with whether he does a bit of coaching or not.

If someone was willing to take him off our hands and pay him the same wage, do you honestly think we'd say no, we want to keep him here on the same money as a coach? Of course not!

Here's the problem: we hand out these contracts, but unfortunately we are legally obliged to honour them.

The solution: stop hiring crap managers!

having a useless lump of a keeper teach hendo and Jimmy how to collect a cross from a corner wouldnt worry you?:102:
:icon_roll Yes, that's right, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal are all shit because they're coached by people who weren't particularly good players.

And let's be honest - Rab's not exactly had a terrible career, has he? Presumably you've got a problem with Stowell as GK coach as well as he doesn't even have Rab's international experience.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure there's a bit more to being a GK coach than teaching the goalkeepers how to take crosses. I would also expect that, by now, the keepers know the technical side of catching a ball! The problem is they're not very good at it...

Anyway, it doesn't matter what he's doing now - we NEED to get Gordon Banks in as the GK coach immediately :icon_roll

Last edited:
Martin Fulop is still with Sunderland........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669