2020/21 Fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
The home game against West Brom, postponed because of our FA Cup semi-final has been rearranged for the following Thursday, 22nd April at 8 p.m. - watch it on BT Sport.
The following weekend's game at home to Palace has been put back to the following Monday, 26th April, again at 8 p.m. and will be live on Sky Sports.

Does anyone know how fixtures are picked? Are they not random and then swapped around by Sky etc to make interesting super sundays?

16/17 three out of the last six were vs Arsenal, Man City, Spurs
17/18 was apparently kind to us with only two top 6 sides in the last few - Arsenal and Spurs
18/19 last three matches were against Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City
19/20, three of our last five matches were against Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs
20/21, last three are against Chelsea,Man Utd, Spurs

How does it end up being that we have awful run-ins?

Nah, no
Does anyone know how fixtures are picked? Are they not random and then swapped around by Sky etc to make interesting super sundays?

16/17 three out of the last six were vs Arsenal, Man City, Spurs
17/18 was apparently kind to us with only two top 6 sides in the last few - Arsenal and Spurs
18/19 last three matches were against Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City
19/20, three of our last five matches were against Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs
20/21, last three are against Chelsea,Man Utd, Spurs

How does it end up being that we have awful run-ins?
No, it's not random. It's actually picked by people.

Does that mean we all get shafted out of £70

If you’re stupid enough to go to the ridiculous farce of a game, they’ll knock that off yer seventy bars

Otherwise it’s safely stored in the King Power bank account, where it’s been all year

Dread to think what the prices will be if they're only allowed 10k fans.

And guaranteed it will be 'having to cover matchday costs'
Interesting situation perhaps.

The club may be between a rock and a hard place on this one; financially, only 10k fans at a 'not taking the piss' ticket price might cost them. They might actually prefer, financially, to NOT have (so few) fans allowed in. Yet if they don't, or charge a break even price, then there might be uproar.

All my conjecture BTW. I've no idea what match costs are, let alone a break even ticket price.

Interesting situation perhaps.

The club may be between a rock and a hard place on this one; financially, only 10k fans at a 'not taking the piss' ticket price might cost them. They might actually prefer, financially, to NOT have (so few) fans allowed in. Yet if they don't, or charge a break even price, then there might be uproar.

All my conjecture BTW. I've no idea what match costs are, let alone a break even ticket price.
We'll only be permitted to allow 8k fans in, as it's 10k or 25% of capacity, whichever is smaller. A lot of those will be hospitality tickets, I would suggest.

Almost all the remaining fixture moves have been announced. Oddly, we don't play on any weekend between the semi final and the cup final. We've got 8 matches to play between the 22nd April and the 23rd May.

The Chelsea league game is still not confirmed but it can only really happen on or around the 19th May. Chelsea's fixture list is horrific.

Almost all the remaining fixture moves have been announced. Oddly, we don't play on any weekend between the semi final and the cup final. We've got 8 matches to play between the 22nd April and the 23rd May.

The Chelsea league game is still not confirmed but it can only really happen on or around the 19th May. Chelsea's fixture list is horrific.
I thought the Chelsea league game was one of the penultimate round of fixtures, that are all being moved to that midweek (18/19 May), to allow some fans to attend?

Southampton fans are not best pleased ...

What a shit article. Is the theme of it seriously “I saw four tweets about people being unhappy because once upon a time we got walloped on the same day of the week by this team”?

Looking at this a bit more, I'm quite ****ed off with it. Given that we are playing on the Monday in the previous round of fixtures, why are we then playing on the Friday night against Southampton? They haven't even got a game the previous weekend, so that's even more ridiculous.

Manchester United is now Wednesday 12th May, 6PM, BT Sport.
Brilliant, 3 ****ing days before one of the biggest matches in our club's history.

I hope brendan isn't stupid enough to prioritise this match to try and get 2nd instead of settling for just 3rd place and a trophy we've never won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757