Accessing NTFS drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

My daughters PC is fecked. I have taken the HD and put it in a USB caddy and plugged it into my PC. Problem is I cannot access her 'My Documents' folder - get permission denied.

Looked on the web for solutions but none of them have worked so far.

Got WinXP Home. (Yes, I've booted into SAFE mode and accessed the security tab but no luck.)

Ubuntu won't let me mount the drive either.

Any ideas? Thanks ever so XXXXX

Have you tried taking ownership of the folder?

Have you tried taking ownership of the folder?

Yep.

Well, I booted into SAFE mode, went to properties and changed ownership to ALL but still no luck :icon_sad:

Bollocks. Trying to mount the drive and get the following:

X hal-storage-removable-mount-all-options refused uid 1000

Give this a try spion, Bart's PE. I had a similar problem in the past and this did the trick.

Sorted :)

Combination of 'Active Password Changer' and UBDC4W (Ultimate Boot CD for Windows) meant that I have salvaged her files!

Now to read her MSN message logs before she wakes up :icon_lol:

Sorted :)

Combination of 'Active Password Changer' and UBDC4W (Ultimate Boot CD for Windows) meant that I have salvaged her files!

Now to read her MSN message logs before she wakes up :icon_lol:

FFS - the things that some people have to do to bring some excitement into their lives!

Anything from Richard Stearman there?

FFS - the things that some people have to do to bring some excitement into their lives!

Perhaps if our team had properly stuffed Orient then my excitement quotient would have been satisfied!

Anything from Richard Stearman there?

I'll let you know. This may take a while!

BTW - I'm not really going through her message logs, that was a joke. I believe in giving my kids a certain amount of trust that I hope benefits us all in the long run!

Last edited:
BTW - I'm not really going through her message logs, that was a joke. I believe in giving my kids a certain amount of trust that I hope benefits us all in the long run!

I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670