Alternative Telephone Numbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamworth Fox

www.saynoto0870.co.uk and click alternative number*. You can get the majority of 0870/0845 etc numbers and get the equivalent numbers which are a lot cheaper (free if you have a free to landline tariff) to call on mobiles/landlines.

* Not for telephone sex numbers though they don't cover the 0900... numbers, not that I've ever tried :icon_cool

i used to work on a radio station and people would ring in using the 0870 number, started giving out the 0191 number cos its just ****in pointless and harsh

The really good news is that the price of calls to 0870 numbers about to fall drastically, so that they really do cost the same as National calls. The rebate payments to 0870 numbers holders is also going to cease The companies that market them will find it uneconomical to give them out for free in the future and we should see the end of them before too long.

The really good news is that the price of calls to 0870 numbers about to fall drastically, so that they really do cost the same as National calls. The rebate payments to 0870 numbers holders is also going to cease The companies that market them will find it uneconomical to give them out for free in the future and we should see the end of them before too long.

My department @ A&L are planning on switching in oct

i used to work at a phone company. 0870 0845 and 090 are called NGNs, non-geographic numbers

they're a licence to print money for the carrier (BT et al) and the company and they always have an underlining DDI (direct dial indentifier)

if you ask them for the number to dial from abroad, they will give you the DDI with the old +44 in front... cos you can't fleece people outside the country

also...if you're short of a bob or two, set up a 090 number, get yourself a brown parcel and go down high streets saying "package for R.S. Stempley (or some such made up name)"

when the receptionist can't find them, ask to call headquarters....have a long protracted argument with your tosser of a virtual boss...

then go next door and do the same trick

i used to work at a phone company. 0870 0845 and 090 are called NGNs, non-geographic numbers

they're a licence to print money for the carrier (BT et al) and the company and they always have an underlining DDI (direct dial indentifier)

if you ask them for the number to dial from abroad, they will give you the DDI with the old +44 in front... cos you can't fleece people outside the country

also...if you're short of a bob or two, set up a 090 number, get yourself a brown parcel and go down high streets saying "package for R.S. Stempley (or some such made up name)"

when the receptionist can't find them, ask to call headquarters....have a long protracted argument with your tosser of a virtual boss...

then go next door and do the same trick

Saw them do that on some programme the other week, the Real Hesit or similar I think it was called

Not for much longer though - and there are now N-GNs without and underlying DDI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669