American Football

Phew. Not the same team without Deebo, hope he’s ok for next week.
Rust v Rest imo.

Telling that we won after being more than 5 down in Q4 for abut the 1st attempt in 30 under KS.

Makes me think they just took time getting back into things.

The concerning thing is GB missed 3 opportunities to really kill us throughout the game and the Detroit defence looked very agile last night.

Worry a bit about Purdy against them if out OL isn't on it.

Rust v Rest imo.

Telling that we won after being more than 5 down in Q4 for abut the 1st attempt in 30 under KS.

Makes me think they just took time getting back into things.

The concerning thing is GB missed 3 opportunities to really kill us throughout the game and the Detroit defence looked very agile last night.

Worry a bit about Purdy against them if out OL isn't on it.
Yep, although Tampa moved the ball pretty well against them yesterday so hopefully that’s a decent sign.

What a game here, nearly gave up at half time and my bed was calling.

Come on SF

What a game here, nearly gave up at half time and my bed was calling.

Come on SF
A sporting lesson there.

There's a time to be aggressive, brave & gung ho & there's a time to play the percentages. Get them wrong & you probably won't win anything. Gave up 6 points, lost by 3.

A sporting lesson there.

There's a time to be aggressive, brave & gung ho & there's a time to play the percentages. Get them wrong & you probably won't win anything. Gave up 6 points, lost by 3.
Some bad 4th down calls and some dropped easy catches helped us big time but Purdy really showed up

Only just finished catching up, I bailed at half time but stuck it on sky+ just in case and I was glad I did when I watched the rest this morning :038:

Some bad 4th down calls and some dropped easy catches helped us big time but Purdy really showed up
I'd backed Detroit to go all the way at massive odds (29/1) I never do that actually expecting teams to win, it's more about getting them further than the odds say & then hedging out for a profit. Normally in a cup competition if you can get them to the QF stage at 20/1 or bigger it's job done & you can secure your profit.

NFL championship games are essentially semi-finals, so the profit was already in the bag but this game offered the potential for more, which is why I stayed up to watch it. Detroit racing into a lead was the perfect scenario for making more money. Lovely stuff.
But when that stupid 4th down call failed it just looked like a turning point moment. It just did. Sometimes you just have to go with a feeling beyond the data. Not often but sometimes. SF were 4.6 on the moneyline at that point so it had to be backed. Massive.
If Detroit take 3 points there instead of conceding possession & immediately shipping 7 it's a different game state entirely & no way SF win.
But a 10 point turnaround in a matter of minutes, coupled with the fact that SF are unquestionably the better team overall & you have to go for the money. Well worth staying up for.

What a twat. Reminded me of this from the other day, an actual Senator and former football coach doesn’t know what IVF, but was happy to give his opinions on the matter. ****.

Republicans have been struggling to find a unified response to the decision this week after losing multiple state elections after the fall of Roe v Wade. On Thursday, the Republican US senator Tommy Tuberville of Alabama seemingly struggled to grasp the contradictory situation women have been placed in after his state’s supreme court ruled that frozen embryos are “children”.

Asked at a conservative conference what he would say to women currently denied the fertility treatment, the former college football coach replied: “Yeah, I was all for it. We need to have more kids, we need to have an opportunity to do that, and I thought this was the right thing to do.”

But then when he was pressed on whether the ruling would negatively affect people who are trying to conceive, Tuberville said: “Well, that’s, that’s for another conversation. I think the big thing is right now, you protect – you go back to the situation and try to work it out to where it’s best for everybody. I mean, that’s what – that’s what the whole abortion issue is about.”

What a twat. Reminded me of this from the other day, an actual Senator and former football coach doesn’t know what IVF, but was happy to give his opinions on the matter. ****.

Republicans have been struggling to find a unified response to the decision this week after losing multiple state elections after the fall of Roe v Wade. On Thursday, the Republican US senator Tommy Tuberville of Alabama seemingly struggled to grasp the contradictory situation women have been placed in after his state’s supreme court ruled that frozen embryos are “children”.

Asked at a conservative conference what he would say to women currently denied the fertility treatment, the former college football coach replied: “Yeah, I was all for it. We need to have more kids, we need to have an opportunity to do that, and I thought this was the right thing to do.”

But then when he was pressed on whether the ruling would negatively affect people who are trying to conceive, Tuberville said: “Well, that’s, that’s for another conversation. I think the big thing is right now, you protect – you go back to the situation and try to work it out to where it’s best for everybody. I mean, that’s what – that’s what the whole abortion issue is about.”
The older I get, the more I actually wonder if the allies winning WW2 really made any difference long term. The ****ing 19th century is making a comeback regardless.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854