Are we bottling it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you look at the remaining games (and if you include the post-lockdown matches) there are a lot of games we should expect to win.
We also should be expected to turn up and play football too.

Brenda N'Rodgers needs to wake up and give some proper stern talkings to.

The pace of game and desire on show in this game is on another planet entirely to what we witnessed this week

One other thought based on how quiet our team appear to be compared to most of the others. Our captain is our goalkeeper.

I'm sure that's fine off the pitch and on the pitch when the going is good. However, I've never been a fan of a captain that wasn't in the thick of the action. The likes of Ndidi and Soyuncu seem virtually silent on the pitch. Evans talks a bit but not a lot. You don't hear a peep from the rest.

One other thought based on how quiet our team appear to be compared to most of the others. Our captain is our goalkeeper.

I'm sure that's fine off the pitch and on the pitch when the going is good. However, I've never been a fan of a captain that wasn't in the thick of the action. The likes of Ndidi and Soyuncu seem virtually silent on the pitch. Evans talks a bit but not a lot. You don't hear a peep from the rest.

One of the reasons I turn off the hideous fake crowd noise is to listen to howteams are communicating on the pitch

Against Brighton we were silent. Including, sadly, our whole management team

The main concern for me is that when you watch the sides chasing they're up for it. We've used the first two games as a preseason letting Mendy have a warm up for **** all reason. Hopefully pre season is over and we can try and win games again.

I’m watching Chelsea play Man City... if we play like we did the other night they would absolutely batter us. It would be a pants down pillow biting experience.

There is utterly no chance of third place on this evidence that’s for sure.

I hope our lads are watching this

Do you think we can question the mentality of the squad? And is that set, in part, by Rodgers?

We seem to like the patient, possession based build up and territorial pressure game but we don't do 'get into 'em, ****em up'. It's a kind of 'good things come to those that wait' approach. That's tactics and set by Clodagh, but I wonder if it also filters down to attitude? Do players feel that they can back off, have less urgency (I can see Puel saying intensity)

On Sunday, Chelsea will come at us from the word go with a hiss and a roar. It's how Chelsea play, we've seen it and they are, it seems, still doing it post lockdown. If we don't pull finger (and can that attitude change happen in under a week?) then we'll find ourselves 2 down in the first 15 minutes. We need to dig in to weather that kind of storm and I haven't seen us show that quality recently.

Our incredibly slow approach to the build up play and passing all over the pitch is what is setting the tone for the lack of urgency elsewhere imo.

Chelsea seem to be going the other way and playing with pace and some directness.

Unfortunately, we look exactly like the teams that we embarrassed in 2016

Other than Sheffield U & us all the other clubs with a chance of a champions league place have hit the ground running & are winning.
We had 2 easy games & a chance to get 6 points along with match fitness we failed in both, giving game time to players that won't be here next season is madness, we have 4 wide players don't seam to be able to perform regularly so get hauled off, I think until we can find another mahrez type player we are going to struggle.

I think there is something in the squad mentality that has shown for the last few managers, they do well, then it's almost like they feel they have done enough and ease off. I think we lack leaders on the pitch and in the dressing room and perhaps lack ambition. It's great that the squad are good friends but they need someone to push them to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757