Post Match Arsenal 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So people at Arsenal saying that Vardy should have been sent off? A complete accident. The red card was the correct decision in my opinion, it was a clumsy challenge but was on the reckless side so unfortunately for him he had to go.

It's funny how some seem to watch a different game to others. I though Perez was very good tonight, just as he was against Palace. Bennett did OK considering he has only had one full game since the beginning of January. Schmeichel was excellent with the exception of his kicking, he is not that good at it.

I think the Bennett criticism is pointed more at Rodgers than the player.

Leaving him on and removing Nacho was bizarre in the circumstances even if we got away with it eventuallY

The absolute state of them. No grown adult should be carrying on like that at a sport. Only hope is it's staged.
Perhaps not staged, but certainly exaggerated for TV purposes. Wouldn't be much of a video if it was just 4 disappointed Arsenal fans would it?
Social media needs hyperbole and enragement or it doesn't reach anyone. Extremities.
The age of dull but accurate depcition of sporting supporters is long, long gone. You can see it in how wild the TV fans are on the big billboards. None of us celebrate like that at home.

Perhaps not staged, but certainly exaggerated for TV purposes. Wouldn't be much of a video if it was just 4 disappointed Arsenal fans would it?
Social media needs hyperbole and enragement or it doesn't reach anyone. Extremities.
The age of dull but accurate depcition of sporting supporters is long, long gone. You can see it in how wild the TV fans are on the big billboards. None of us celebrate like that at home.

I do

That clip literally makes me never want to watch football again. Did that get broadcast on youtube / social channels or does AFTV have a terrestrial channel aswell? If AFTV are making revenue out of the ads that go before that content on Youtube / Facebook / Twitch / Tik Tok etc then i can see why everyone wants to defund those platforms. He threatens to find out where the VAR lives and some of the stuff about Vardy is not on. If any of those comments were made in writing on a social platform then they'd be illegal
Just vile.

I looked at my predictions from earlier in the season - (was hopeless on most, pity about the cups) but said Vardy top scorer 21 goals and we would finish 5th. I have my own points forecast per game and thought we would reach 58 points at season's end. After the Arsenal game in reality then City have done better than I had predicted/ forecast/ hoped - and yet given the fantastic first half of season - it now feels a bit flat. As others have noted, if the points had been more evenly distributed throughout the season, we'd be in ecstacy that we'd reached 4th place, after an away point at Arsenal.

and Stats please - when was the last time ( if ever) we got 4 points in season from Arsenal (or 3 points under old W=2 D=1 points system?)

How does this not get reviewed. Nacho clearly gets blocked off.

Now the dust has settled we were lucky last night and Arsenal blew it imo, if there had not have been a red card we would have lost by more.

BR appears to be clutching at straws with his formations the side that started was unbalanced and the introduction of Fuchs highlighted this imo.

Hopefully we make the top 4, if we do I think it will be scrappy and only just by the skin of our teeth. Perez needs to bulk up and learn to stand his ground, he is pushed off the ball far to easily.
Our Achilles heel has been Barnes and Perez defensively but I guess that is the trade off BR has been happy to live with especially when the play breaks down and we are going forward.

Vardy and Nacho played really well together last night and the substitution was baffling, I think teams have figured us out since January and we have been unable to change, still our position is phenomenal and if we keep it then that is one hell of an achievement.

Glass is always half full it has still been an incredible season BR has really improved Nacho and Soyuncu has been our stand out player imo. We should beat Bournemouth and really need to win one more game imo.

No you don't Homey. You do the same thing the rest of us do, punch the air, shout get in, then carry on.
You do not go tearing round your living room and waving flags every single time.

Thanks for telling me what I do, but you're completely wrong

Last night, for example, me and my lad were jumping up and down on the settee like idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757