Pre Match Arsenal v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Tuesday, 20:15, Sky Sports Premier League/Main Event

Head-to-head

• Leicester have won three of their last four league games against Arsenal, as many victories as in their previous 36 matches against the Gunners.
  • The Foxes are aiming to win three consecutive league matches against Arsenal for the first time since 1963.
  • Arsenal are unbeaten in 22 home league games against Leicester, winning the last 12.
  • A 13th successive home victory would equal the Gunners' longest winning streak against a particular opponent in top-flight home matches (set versus Stoke between 1983 and 2018).
Arsenal

• Arsenal have won five and drawn one of their six Premier League games at the Emirates Stadium since defeat by Chelsea in Mikel Arteta's first home match in charge.
  • They have won three consecutive league games without conceding for the first time since November 2017.
  • Their win over Wolves on Saturday was the Gunners' first away league victory against a side starting above them in the league table since September 2015, when they won 5-2 at Leicester.
  • Emiliano Martinez has kept a clean sheet in six of his eight Premier League starts for Arsenal, the best ratio of any Gunners keeper with at least five starts in the competition.
Leicester City

• The Foxes' win over Crystal Palace was only their fifth in their last 17 matches in all competitions.
  • The three goals they scored against the Eagles was more than their combined total in their three previous games since the Premier League restart.
  • The Foxes are without an away league win since New Year's Day.
  • Jamie Vardy has scored nine Premier League goals in his nine starts against Arsenal - only Wayne Rooney (12), Robbie Fowler (10) and Harry Kane (10) have scored more against the Gunners.
  • Kelechi Iheanacho has scored in back-to-back Premier League matches for Leicester after just one in his previous 12 in the competition.
  • Manager Brendan Rodgers is without a win in all six of his away games against Arsenal in all competitions.

Just a warning. Rather than select the know-nothing idiots who sit behind me for the fanwall, they've selected me. So, if you're wondering who that clown is sat there naked except for his LCFC socks....

Arsenal can be shit sometimes. We've got it in us to win this one and I'll be chuffed to little mint balls if we do but I'm not holding my breath. I'll more than settle for honours even.

The Arsenal back line is dreadful, play the same 11 that started against Palace & get at them from the off.

We’ve won the last three against them at our place.

But at their place it’s a different story. We haven’t got a point at Arsenal since 1995. 12 league matches since then, 12 defeats. Annoyingly 3 out of the last 4 defeats have been lost in the last 5 mins.

Now is the time to put that right.

We will win 2-1. Tielemans with the all decisive goal from a Perez assist.

We need to win the midfield. Xhaka, Ceballos and Willock shouldnt be bossing our midfield 3 (god knows how they bossed Wolves). Tierney and Saka shouldnt be dominating justin and chilwell. Aubameyang and Vardy are the outstanding players on the pitch - and we need to make sure that our service to Vardy is better than their service and support to Aubameyang

i'd go

Schmeichel
Justin Evans Soyuncu Chilwell
Ndidi Tielemans
Perez
Iheanacho Vardy Albrighton

Barnes and Maddison as impact subs, Choudhury and Praet if we need to shore up the game, Gray for the last ten minutes.

We need to win the midfield. Xhaka, Ceballos and Willock shouldnt be bossing our midfield 3 (god knows how they bossed Wolves). Tierney and Saka shouldnt be dominating justin and chilwell. Aubameyang and Vardy are the outstanding players on the pitch - and we need to make sure that our service to Vardy is better than their service and support to Aubameyang

i'd go

Schmeichel
Justin Evans Soyuncu Chilwell
Ndidi Tielemans
Perez
Iheanacho Vardy Albrighton

Barnes and Maddison as impact subs, Choudhury and Praet if we need to shore up the game, Gray for the last ten minutes.
Don’t think either Chilwell or Maddison will be fit to feature

I don't think chilwell should start even if fit. Sako will get forwards and Fuchs would be a better left back to counter him.
I really can't see us getting anything from this game if we're play as we have been. We put in too many high crosses. We're need to learn to cross the ball lower to give vards and nacho a chance... just as we're did for nachos goal on Saturday.

Go back three and have justin and albrighton either side?

Schmeichel

Bennett Evans Soyuncu
Albrighton Ndidi Tielemans Justin
Perez
Ihenacho Vardy

Go back three and have justin and albrighton either side?

Schmeichel

Bennett Evans Soyuncu
Albrighton Ndidi Tielemans Justin
Perez
Ihenacho Vardy

While i think that system is probably best without Maddison, it has been scuppered by Chilwell's injury. I don't think Justin is good enough going forward to play as a wing back, and not sure Fuchs has the energy.

I think we will lose if we play showing too much respect. I just cannot see any points from this.

Arsenal
Spurs
Man Utd

In three of the next five. Let's try to be fearless and play with some ****ing belief. Throw "respect" out of the window and just go for it.

Do we know if Chilwell is still out?

If he is, I actually think it makes more sense to stick to 3-5-2. But probably put Fuchs in as LCB, with Justin LWB. That way Fuchs can compensate for Justin's inexperience, and JJ can compensate for Fuchs lack of pace at left back.

Otherwise I worry about Fuchs being caught for pace a lot down the left on his own, and it means both our full backs would be weaknesses. I think the 3-5-2 helps overcome that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757