August Player Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheffield_fox

Hi everyone, I was pretty bored so I just thought based on the ratings that I have put together, I'd do a bit of a player-by-player review over August.

Ian Walker
The fans voted him City's 2nd best player of the month, which just goes to show really how bad a start City have had to the season. Walker has been a pretty constant rock throughout, very few mistakes, with the exception of a long range Adam Virgo shot which really should have been saved.
Best Game: West Ham United (H) - 7.85
Worst Game: Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - 5.45
August average: 7.05

Peter Canero
Not a very good month from the Scot, not really showing his potential, doesn't seem to have the ability to run past players and beat them. He was consistently average and never put in a sparkling performance but also never put in a terrible one. Lets hope for better.
Best Game: Wolverhampton Wanderers (A) - 5.80
Worst Game: Watford (H) - 5.41
August average: 5.57

Danny Tiatto
Having been suspended (shock horror) for the first three games of the season, Tiatto has been the shining light at the end of the tunnel for Micky Adams and City. His consistently outstanding, hardworking and pure quality performances have already made him a favourite with city fans, plus he actually went one of his three games without getting booked!
Best Game: Wolverhampton Wanderers (A) - 8.70
Worst Game: Watford (H) - 7.30
August average: 8.02

Nikos Dabizas
I have been amazed in other threads how people's opinions vary so much on Dabizas, and this has shown in the ratings that he has been getting. He started the season very brightly fresh from his Euro 2004 triumph with Greece (THEO, THEO), but from Millwall onwards put in a few erratic performances. Has not truly shown qualities that give him the right to be club captain yet though.
Best Game: Derby County (A) - 8.64
Worst Game: Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - 3.97
August average: 6.42

Martin Keown
Despite the abuse Adams has received for signing the old warhorse, Keown has been one of City's best players this month according to the fans view. Has been a steadying influence at the back when he has played. Of course he has lacked pace, but his superb passing has not been noticed and he has used his experience to good effect.
Best Game: Derby County (A) - 8.39
Worst Game: Watford (H) - 5.95
August average: 6.88

Matt Heath
A shaky start to the season from young Matt. Has not played too badly but a shocking performance against Brighton has not helped his cause and has allowed the fans to eagerly get on his back which is not what the lad needs. Can learn a lot from Keown, but we should expect better from him as the season goes on.
Best Game: West Ham United (H) - 7.41
Worst Game: Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - 3.49
August average: 5.80

Keith Gillespie
His opportunities have been limited, but with the exception of a good 15 mins against Derby, it is clear why. If he really wanted it, he could establish himself as a key part of our team this season and would solve a lot of the width problems that we have. Problem is that he shows no desire to improve himself.
Best Game: Derby County (A) - 7.02
Worst Game: Millwall (A) - 4.25
August average: 5.12

Lilian Nalis
Has certainly been one of Leicester's better players this month and has made more of an impact in the centre of midfield than Gareth Williams. His long range shooting has been top notch, and in my opinion has earned his position in the team for next month.
Best Game: Derby County (A) - 7.91
Worst Game: Millwall (A) - 5.50
August average: 6.54

Dion Dublin
On his return to his home town, Dion has had a woeful first month, getting sent off around 15 minutes into his debut, missing the majority of the month and then playing poor on his return. Has hardly endeared himself to the Leicester fans, but given more appearances I'm sure he can show his worth to the side.
Best Game: Wolverhampton Wanderers (A) - 5.00
Worst Game: Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - 3.31
August average: 4.28

James Scowcroft
Scowy has been one of the few players who the fans have got on the back of this month, which makes a change for the hardworking chap. Has not put in a really bad performance all month, and has contributed with a goal and has been aerially dominant. Unfortunately the fact that he is there encourages the defence to play long ball to him again and again, be has done everything that could have been asked of him this month.
Best Game: Wolverhampton Wanderers (A) - 7.30
Worst Game: Watford (H) - 5.63
August average: 6.45

Jordan Stewart
Jordan's consistenly poor performances speak for themselves. I don't personally think constantly switching him between left back and left wing help. He has seemed to lack the ability to beat a man and get crosses in, and when at left back also the ability to defend. He has tended to have a much better first half than second, but he needs to buck up his ideas big time.
Best Game: Derby County (A) - 5.73
Worst Game: Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - 4.00
August average: 4.63

Chris Makin
Makin has been very solid in the games that he has played. The sending off against Millwall has seemed to put him out of favour with Micky, but against some of the better teams in this division, he is certainly a good option, a good solid defender. Voted City's 3rd best player by the fans.
Best Game: West Ham United (H) - 7.22
Worst Game: Millwall (A) - 6.75
August average: 6.98

Scot Gemmill
Hard to judge, as he's only played 100 mins this month, but impressed when he came on against Watford and was ok against Wolves. Looks to be a good squad player, and has a wide variety of corner kicks.
Best Game: Watford (H) - 6.39
Worst Game: Wolverhampton Wanderers (A) - 6.20
August average: 6.29

Gareth Williams
I am probably going to get a lot of abuse for saying this, but I still believe Gareth Williams is a really good player who has not played anywhere near his potential this month. The fans view showed how he got worse as the month went on, which I think is down to the abuse he has received from the fans. I'm sure we'll be seeing better from him providing he has the support from the fans.
Best Game: West Ham United (H) - 7.04
Worst Game: Watford (H) - 3.57
August average: 5.55

David Connolly
Again, has seemed to get worse as the month as gone on as he goes longer and longer without a goal and the fans get on his back. People may say he has been unlucky, but he has missed some guilt-edged chances. Its only a matter of time before he grabs his first goal though, and I believe he will be difficult to stop once he has the fans support.
Best Game: West Ham United (H) - 8.48
Worst Game: Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - 4.27
August average: 6.30

Trevor Benjamin
Despite an excellent pre-season, Tricky Trev has had his chances limited due to the arrival of Nathan Blake. A cult hero with the Leicester fans, he will be forever remembered for his first-touch winner after coming on against the sheep. Has been a handful for the majority of his time on the pitch this month.
Best Game: Derby County (A) - 7.98
Worst Game: Watford (H) - 5.26
August average: 6.49

Jason Wilcox
Wilcox has had a very disappointing start to his Leicester career. He has failed to put in a good performance this month, and has generally been very anonymous during the games he has played. Again I think the fact that he has been swapping between left back and left wing has not helped, but he should be showing better ability.
Best Game: Derby County (A) - 5.18
Worst Game: Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - 3.55
August average: 4.49

Joey Gudjonsson
Joey has not had a good month, he has generally been anonymous throughout the games he has played and has not got himself involved. He seems to lack the physical presence to establish himself in the first team, but I think he should be allowed a bit more time to prove himself.
Best Game: Derby County (A) - 6.76
Worst Game: Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - 3.98
August average: 5.50

Nathan Blake
The former Wales international has been nothing short of woeful this month, showing practically no ability and giving the ball away almost every time he has received it. I don't think getting on his back while he is playing is the answer, but I don't think his place above the likes of Trevor Benjamin or Tommy Wright is justified.
Best Game: Derby County (A) - 5.36
Worst Game: Brighton & Hove Albion (H) - 1.92
August average: 3.81

Please use this as a thread to leave your comments on players based on what I have put down and lets not turn it into a "lets choose to get in this players' back in september."

A very fair summary.........and quite true....Ian Walker being beaten by the near post in the Brighton Game was a big letdown ......but he would have saved the shot which beat Calamity James yesterday against Portugal . !!!!!!
Just an obseravation about Dion Dublin........he lacks the pace now to be a front running target man .....but Im sure he could do a superb job in our back four and still move up for all the dead balls and corners .
Apart from maybe Scowcroft is there any other Leicester City player currently playing in the team who you fancy could get on the end of a 50 / 50 corner ball under pressure ?

Player Review

Excellent post Sheff Fox... keep them coming.
Hope your right about Williams coming good, I think its critical that we get the best out of him. Maybe if we tried to pass the ball to him on the floor it would help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4464