BREAKING NEWS: Chambers fails to have ban lifted

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/athletics/7503792.stm

British sprinter Dwain Chambers will not be able to run at the Olympic Games after he lost his attempt to overturn his lifetime ban.

Chambers took his case to secure an injunction against the British Olympic Association by-law to the High Court, but the ruling has gone against him.

four king power

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/athletics/7503792.stm

British sprinter Dwain Chambers will not be able to run at the Olympic Games after he lost his attempt to overturn his lifetime ban.

Chambers took his case to secure an injunction against the British Olympic Association by-law to the High Court, but the ruling has gone against him.

Look on the bright side Dwain, You can give your dealer a call tonight and get smashed :icon_wink

Willlow

Not that this news matters anyway, half the athletes at the olympics will have taken some kind of performance enhancing drugs.

Hazzman

I agree but it's setting some standard. I just look at cycling and realise we'd only have one premier rider if any of their organisations have the hard line attitude which the BOA have displayed.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I agree but it's setting some standard. I just look at cycling and realise we'd only have one premier rider if any of their organisations have the hard line attitude which the BOA have displayed.

I think the change in the TdF shows that the cycling authirities are at last getting things under control.

Hazzman

It's now beginning to work in cycling because the riders are working together to get rid. I was interested to read that TdF winner doesn't take any of the prize money. The prize money is divided between his team-mates, senior staff, medical staff and mechanics. The winner makes his money through sponsorship and merchandise deals. If Cycling did continue it's drug problem, this money would disappear to something measly. So would the sponsors who plough millions into the teams.

PS. Cavendish should win Sports Personality of The Year

Last edited:

londonfox

Not that this news matters anyway, half the athletes at the olympics will have taken some kind of performance enhancing drugs.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean we should condone it. A certain pecentage of society commit murder but it don't make it right. I'm actually surprised that he didn't get the ban overturned on some soppy Human rights bylaw BS or some crap like that.

Willlow

Agreed, but that doesn't mean we should condone it. A certain pecentage of society commit murder but it don't make it right. I'm actually surprised that he didn't get the ban overturned on some soppy Human rights bylaw BS or some crap like that.

I wasnt condoning it, I was merely stating that we might have stopped one cheat, but there wil still be plenty at the Olympics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669