Broadband ISP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Genius

Banned
At work I have BT and have another 6 months to go on the existing contract....

At home I am with Bulldog, been with them for sometime now and again not had any problems at all, but I fancy a change and someone said try AOL as they are giving away a free router and a couple of free months as well,

Years ago AOL had a bad reputation and the software they gave you to set up was hard to delete if you didnt want to carry on with the free trial. Just looked on the net and it is a good deal but at what price?

Does anybody have AOL as their ISP ?

Boy Genius said:
Years ago AOL had a bad reputation and the software they gave you to set up was hard to delete if you didnt want to carry on with the free trial. Just looked on the net and it is a good deal but at what price?

I work for AOL BG.

The bad reputation did have some basis as older versions of the software were shocking but there have been big improvements & software issues nowadays are usually down to existing PC issues rather than the software itself. Also, your don't have to install the software on your PC if you don't want to you can just use IE, firefox or any other browser you choose.

Macky said:
I work for AOL BG.

The bad reputation did have some basis as older versions of the software were shocking but there have been big improvements & software issues nowadays are usually down to existing PC issues rather than the software itself. Also, your don't have to install the software on your PC if you don't want to you can just use IE, firefox or any other browser you choose.

Is it true that its very difficult to get through to their support as they are often pre occupied with football forums :102: :icon_bigg

I have Aol and although I dont use their software I find it to be generally a pretty good service.

lazzer said:
Is it true that its very difficult to get through to their support as they are often pre occupied with football forums :102: :icon_bigg

:icon_lol: if I was working in tech support that would most definitely be the case

I currently use Freeola.com you get 8mb for £24 a month £14 for the first 3 months. 330GB bandwidth and a free static IP address.

Also was with ukonline.net before,equally good and very cheap if you are lucky enough to fall on one of their exchanges.

Dont go to wanadoo/orange their customer suppourt is woeful. BT's isn't much better but now our internet is up and running BT is faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669