Burn MP3 CD from info contained in an M3U playlist file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

Right, here's the scenario.

I add 100 or so songs to a playlist and want to burn those songs in a random order to a CD. iTunes won't let me do that - the songs come out in alphabetical order. Winamp would let me do it except for the fact that it only supports audio CD burning and not MP3 burning.

My workaround at the moment is a plug-in for Winamp that basically copies all of the MP3's in my playlist order to a new file on my HD and adds a numerical suffix to the new MP3 to ensure the order stays the same on the burnt disc.

This is a terribly inefficient way to do what should be a simple task as it duplicates files already on my PC which then needed deleting after the CD is burnt!

Anyone know of a program that will let me burn an MP3 CD using the contents of an M3U playlist file without having to rename and copy existing music files first?

Ta!

Seems to have been sorted here

Seems to have been sorted here

Thanks Boc, but not for me really. The 'foobar hack' moves files (which I don't want to do) and Nero is very bloated and will not be installed on my system!

I have been experimenting and have found a workaround of my own which is a little cumbersome but at least overcomes the deficiencies of both iTunes and Winamp.

I gave up on both Nero and iTunes. I now use Infrarecorder ... http://infrarecorder.org/

Not sure whether it will do exactly what you want but if ever I want what appears to be a random order, I arrange the tracks by length or file size and use that as my random ordering

Last edited:
if ever I want what appears to be a random order, I arrange the tracks by length or file size and use that as my random ordering

Might work for some, but I'd hate the fact that my longest tracks were all at the end or the start!

Thanks for the link.

For now I've got a workaround that although a few steps more than I would like does what I want.

My God!

Music collections like yours should not be allowed to reproduce. Isn't there someway we can electronically sterilse him.

Somebody?

Anybody?

My God!

Music collections like yours should not be allowed to reproduce. Isn't there someway we can electronically sterilse him.

Somebody?

Anybody?

:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675