Post Match Burnley 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to panic; we are still miles ahead of fifth and everyone below us is dropping points too.

But that was shit. We desperately need to find different ways of playing and Brendan could do with being less ideological in that regard. Properly good teams can mix it up and grind out ugly wins.

For the love of God put Justin at RB and Ricardo ahead of him, drop Barnes and start Albrighton at least we can earn the right to win the game.

The number of soft goals we’ve been conceding is poor, and I couldn’t help compare the blocks that Burnley were putting in with ourselves. Very little Big Wes/Huth type blocking happening

But yes it’s disappointing losing to Burnley but remember Chelsea lost to Newcastle who we all previously agreed were the worst team in living memory. So it’s not just us.

Not surprised at all by that. We’ve been very poor for weeks.
Burnley at 4.5/1 was an open goal bet.
Our steel has vanished.

Yeah that’s how feel. Not a surprise, not even particularly annoyed. The players don’t even look particularly arsed. It’s hard to tell whether they think they can take their foot off the pedal because they were so good until December or because everyone else is as shit as we are at the minute.

One things for sure, ****ing humiliating ourselves against Liverpool and Manchester City has done us any favours. It’s certainly rattled my faith in Rodgers. If Southampton can react to a humiliating defeat than we can then we don’t deserve to be in the top 4.

No need to panic, they’re good enough to pick themselves up but things need to change. Something needs freshening up, it’s crying out for a new face in the squad.

I think we were lucky our goal wasn't disallowed. It was a foul by Praet that got the ball to Barnes.

We had our chances. Maddison, Barnes, and especially Vardy were very wasteful.

We missed Ndidi in the air. Burnley could just bully us with a much taller side and to be fair, we were fortunate that their delivery was mostly terrible.

Vardy was through on goal and missed weakly. He then had a penalty that was also weak.

I said this last week and I'll say it again this week. If you play Maddison, Barnes and Perez in the side, you better keep the ball, because if you don't, they sure as feck won't roll their sleeves up.

Fuchs was awful too. Our best midfielder (Praet) inexplicably taken off AGAIN. Then to make it even more bizarre, we bring on Iheanacho and he's mostly in midfield when we needed him in the six yard box.

From Rodgers:

Chilwell and Choudhury were unavailable for the key tactical training session for personal reasons so were not considered for the game. Neither player has had an injury.

Is it too early to mention wobbly wheels ? My main concern is there doesnt seem to be any quick fix it's a general malaise. Maddison is seriously beginning to piss me off by throwing himself on the floor like a small child every time he over plays and loses the ball.

I think we were lucky our goal wasn't disallowed. It was a foul by Praet that got the ball to Barnes.

We had our chances. Maddison, Barnes, and especially Vardy were very wasteful.

We missed Ndidi in the air. Burnley could just bully us with a much taller side and to be fair, we were fortunate that their delivery was mostly terrible.

Vardy was through on goal and missed weakly. He then had a penalty that was also weak.

I said this last week and I'll say it again this week. If you play Maddison, Barnes and Perez in the side, you better keep the ball, because if you don't, they sure as feck won't roll their sleeves up.

Fuchs was awful too. Our best midfielder (Praet) inexplicably taken off AGAIN. Then to make it even more bizarre, we bring on Iheanacho and he's mostly in midfield when we needed him in the six yard box.

I agree with most of that, tactically we have been naïve recently and Rodgers needs to take the blame for that.

I thought it was a good tackle by Preat though

Apparently they were late to training.

On the 3rd March 2001, with 10 games left, we were 4th in the league.

Then we collapsed.

Our sharp change in form is very Leicester.

Just heading back from the game. Very disappointing. Burnley a poor side. We were too soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263