Cardiff City - Sat 1st Mar 2008 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick off: 3pm

Tickets:

We have been allocated 1393 'standing' tickets for this fixture.

£22 Adults
£15 Under 16's/Oap's/Students with valid NUS

We have also been allocated 552 'seating' tickets for this fixture.

£23 Adults
£15 Under 16's/Oap's/Students with valid NUS

PLEASE NOTE - THIS MATCH IS ALL TICKET FOR VISITING SUPPORTERS AND NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD ON THE DAY OF THE GAME.

Fox Travel:

Fox Travel coaches will depart at 9.30am

£16 Adult STH
£14 Concessions STH
£17 Adult NON STH
£15 Concessions NON STH

Directions & Parking:

Approx 150 miles - 3 hours

M1 > M69 > M6 > M42 > M5 > M50 > M4 ....

Leave the M4 at junction 33 and take the A4232 towards Cardiff/Barry. Keep on the A4232 towards Cardiff and then leave the dual carriageway at the B4267 exit, signposted 'Cardiff (Leckwith) Athletics Stadium'. Follow the signs for the stadium and after about half a mile you will see Ninian Park over on your right.

There is a huge car park across the road from the ground and at the nearby Athletics Stadium.

Trains:

The train journey is approx 3hours 20mins and involves a change at Birmingham New Street. A Saver Return is £53.90 and will be vaild on any time train on the valid route between Leicester-Cardiff-Leicester.

If you go for the Saver Return option, you can save just under £10 by buying a CDR from Leic - Bham and a SVR from Bham to Cardiff.

£17 advance singles are still available on limited services from Leicester and Cardiff.

Pubs:

The GroundsGuide suggests the Cornwall Hotel on Cornwall Street as a 'safe' place to drink before the game. This is the only ground in our league I haven't been to, so maybe RS can help out with a decent reccomendation?

Last edited:
The GroundsGuide suggests the Cornwall Hotel on Cornwall Street as a 'safe' place to drink before the game. This is the only ground in our league I haven't been to, so maybe RS can help out with a decent reccomendation?

We London Branchers will be celebrating St David's day by visiting Ye Olde Butchers Arms - more info & map at www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/45/4558/Ye_Olde_Butchers_Arms/Cardiff

We'll also probably pop in The Chapter Arts Centre on the short walk to the ground to sample one of their vast offering of draught continental lagers - info & map at www.chapter.org

We London Branchers will be celebrating St David's day by visiting Ye Olde Butchers Arms - more info & map at www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/45/4558/Ye_Olde_Butchers_Arms/Cardiff

We'll also probably pop in The Chapter Arts Centre on the short walk to the ground to sample one of their vast offering of draught continental lagers - info & map at www.chapter.org
The Cornwall's a down to earth Brains house which normally keeps a good pint. Try the SA if you're so inclined. It's my regular tipple. Can't vouch for the safety aspect as never been in there on a match day but suspect it's OK as most of the idiots are in Canton.
Butchers is a long way from the ground but very good choice. Chapter's a good choice for you guys as it is off the main drag and full of families going to the flicks and yogurt knitters. i.e. no trouble.
And by continental beers I assume you mean Stella, Heineken and Grolsh.

Rhydian - when's the new St David's Stadium open?
Which stadium is that? If you mean our new ground, which is still awaiting a name, then it is planned to be ready for the 2009-10 season. Just in time for Premiership football methinks.

It's the name I understood it was provisionally working under.
The naming rights were sold as part of the debt restructuring. It's Sam Hamman driven so will probably end up being The Sheep's Testicles Stadium.

Seeing as we will be in Cardiff for the weekend(I've a TT thingy that night so convinced Ben to fork out for a decent hotel to kip in!) we'll actually have time to go into a pub pre-match. Teeno will be about somewhere-though hopefully not causing any problems, so we'll meet up with him no doubt.

Seeing as we will be in Cardiff for the weekend(I've a TT thingy that night so convinced Ben to fork out for a decent hotel to kip in!) we'll actually have time to go into a pub pre-match. Teeno will be about somewhere-though hopefully not causing any problems, so we'll meet up with him no doubt.

What pub you heading for Beaumount?

Anyone know if you can get a beer in the ground ?? I will be going straight to the ground as i'm arriving quite late. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566