Cardiff post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It ''sounded'' and by all reports, fans papers, RL etc, as though Hendrie strengthened the midfield, the fact that we didn't concede a goal is a plus.
Your views please on the game please.

I haven't seen any OTT euphoria on here - just the sheer joy of getting three points away from home in a game we were expected to lose

It's the natural reaction of any football fan :102:

I didn't expect us to lose it.

Back on topic, bloody good day out, two good pubs, and won at cards on the train for once.
DJ didn't have his shooting boots on, but his pace caused them a lot of problems. Wasn't the best game in the world, but that was partly due to the gale blowing. They wouldn't have scored if the game had lasted three hours. Finally, JFH was an absolute joke, those who said we should have signed him should have seen his total non-effort throughout the game, as well as getting mardy with his team-mates.

I for one said JFH would have been a good signing,at the time.

He has been average for Cardiff at best.(he has scored more goals than any of our forwards)

This hardly means he couldnt have been a success at Leicester, tho does it.:icon_wink

I'll give you OTT euphoria... I cannot think of any football experience more satisfying than Saturday's - a hiding-to-nothing away trip that ends with a hard-fought three points. That's why we go!

Calming down, it was a decent performance by our team: a sound debut from Hendrie, good link play between Howard and Campbell in particular, Kisnorbo and N'Gotty looking for the most part a very solid partnership and good handling from Henderson - particularly praiseworthy as he must be aware that he doesn't have the confidence of the manager or supporters.

It ''sounded'' and by all reports, fans papers, RL etc, as though Hendrie strengthened the midfield, the fact that we didn't concede a goal is a plus.
Your views please on the game please.

A clean sheet against players of Fowler's and Hasselnbaink's calibre is a massive positive as i believe that these two have proven they can score goals over the years and have achieved far more in the game than ANY of our players.

3 points where i was hoping for one.

Apart from that it would be speculation and an opinion formed from hearsay as i wasn't at the match.

Negatives: We haven't scored again, although by all accounts DJ got into some good positions. Let's hope that if that is the case he can start putting them away soon. The only problem is that we have so many strikers, how long can a manager stick with a misfiring frontline in the hope that they find their form.

I hope that IH has the balls to stick with a pair and gives tham a decent run, as i believe that all our strikers have shown glimpses of their ability and now we have what i think is quite a strong and potentially creative midfield, once it all clicks, we should see our strikers score plenty. Yes, I think that all our senior strikers can score goals given a run and decent service...with the exception of Elvis, who apart form his pace seems to fluff nearly all of his chances. Perhaps we don't play the right tactics or have the players that can provide him with the right service for him to make best use of his pace....or he should be a sprinter and leave the footy to naturally talented types like myself :icon_wink

I'll give you OTT euphoria... I cannot think of any football experience more satisfying than Saturday's - a hiding-to-nothing away trip that ends with a hard-fought three points. That's why we go!

Calming down, it was a decent performance by our team: a sound debut from Hendrie, good link play between Howard and Campbell in particular, Kisnorbo and N'Gotty looking for the most part a very solid partnership and good handling from Henderson - particularly praiseworthy as he must be aware that he doesn't have the confidence of the manager or supporters.

More posts like this and less non-attenders spouting their unsubstantiated tripe and this forum might get back to being as good as it once was for hearing about our team and their performances.

Last edited:
A clean sheet against players of Fowler's and Hasselnbaink's calibre is a massive positive as i believe that these two have proven they can score goals over the years and have achieved far more in the game than ANY of our players.

3 points where i was hoping for one.

Apart from that it would be speculation and an opinion formed from hearsay as i wasn't at the match.

Negatives: We haven't scored again, although by all accounts DJ got into some good positions. Let's hope that if that is the case he can start putting them away soon. The only problem is that we have so many strikers, how long can a manager stick with a misfiring frontline in the hope that they find their form.

I hope that IH has the balls to stick with a pair and gives tham a decent run, as i believe that all our strikers have shown glimpses of their ability and now we have what i think is quite a strong and potentially creative midfield, once it all clicks, we should see our strikers score plenty. Yes, I think that all our senior strikers can score goals given a run and decent service...with the exception of Elvis, who apart form his pace seems to fluff nearly all of his chances. Perhaps we don't play the right tactics or have the players that can provide him with the right service for him to make best use of his pace....or he should be a sprinter and leave the footy to naturally talented types like myself :icon_wink

Fowler was not even on the bench

I for one said JFH would have been a good signing,at the time.

He has been average for Cardiff at best.(he has scored more goals than any of our forwards)

This hardly means he couldnt have been a success at Leicester, tho does it.:icon_wink

Not sure, it looked like he's been putting away the pies - I think our balti ones would have turned him into Mr Creosote.:icon_wink

Havnt got internet at home at the minute so just a quick post to say that I was delighted.

I was expecting a loss or a point at best but 3 points from a ground we havnt won at in 28 years just made my day.

Cant wait for Tuesday now - bring it on. :038:

Havnt got internet at home at the minute so just a quick post to say that I was delighted.

I was expecting a loss or a point at best but 3 points from a ground we havnt won at in 28 years just made my day.

Cant wait for Tuesday now - bring it on. :038:
Did we not win there in the carling cup about 2 seasons ago?

Not sure, it looked like he's been putting away the pies - I think our balti ones would have turned him into Mr Creosote.:icon_wink

Hes always looked a bit chuncky, but he did score a belter the other week.

I'm glad he had an off day against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670