Post Match Chelsea 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better second half and happy with a point although we should have won really with the chances in the second half.

How Madderson hit that chance over I'll never know!

Much better second half, just a shame we couldn't play like that all game.

Not sure about Perez but he's not a wide player.

Weird game. Awful first half, good second half.

They got worse throughout, we got better throughout. 10 more mins and we've would've won I'm sure. The fact our players looked pretty gutted at the end of the game says a lot - they know they could've won that in the end.

I feel much better after that second half though and hopefully we can build from that now.

Strange one from the first 2 games. Against 2 teams you'd expect us to be at a similar level to at the end of the season, but both draws and mixed performances.

I've still no idea where we will end up really. Be interesting to see how Wolves vs Man Utd goes tomorrow.

Soyuncu outstanding.
Ricardo very good.

I will put my neck on the line.... Dennis Praet will be superb.

A game of three thirds.

First was diabolical.
Second was even.
Third we battered them.

Feels like two points dropped in the end. Chelsea were gone and we just weren't composed enough in the final third. Tielemans and Maddison really wasteful. Perez invisible.

Soyuncu a colossus.

Did the players play the first half in Crocs for a bet or something?

We were the better team second half, but were very lucky not to be more than 1 behind after the first half.

After 10 minutes, I would have snapped your hand off for a 1-1 draw
At the end of the game, thought we could have won it
Praet looked good when he came on

A game of three thirds.

First was diabolical.
Second was even.
Third we battered them.

Feels like two points dropped in the end. Chelsea were gone and we just weren't composed enough in the final third. Tielemans and Maddison really wasteful. Perez invisible.

Soyuncu a colossus.
Not to overhype but the lad was superb. His passing is fantastic.

Cracking game, really enjoyed it, could have gone either way.

In their own way, Chelsea determined the flow. Either by being pressing and causing us problems, or by sitting off and giving us space. You can't play their high tempo game for the full 90, and when they back off there are holes to be exploited. I reckon they've got some sorting out to do.

We played some lovely stuff today, praps we needed that first half arse kick to get us going.

Shambolic awful shite for fifteen minutes, and we were lucky to concede only one

After that we pulled ourselves back into it. Second half we were absolutely ****ing awesome and really should have won the game

We pissed all over them at the end. Real shame we couldn’t get over the line

Soyuncu was immense again. Played very well against two good teams so far.

I've been really impressed by him, far more than I expected. I was really unsure but he's absolutely filling that gap for Maguire so far.

Keep it up lad.

We surely take confidence from that game going into next week, a convincing win in that one will set us up nicely for September.

Brendan Rodgers said: "I was very pleased with how we played, to come here against a top-class team and the way we played was very good.

"I'm disappointed with the [Chelsea] goal but I assume responsibility with that as I ask the players to build the game. When they make mistakes it is my fault. But I'm happy with the level of our football, the speed of our game and the only disappointment was we should've won the match.

"It is a point but we move on next week and hope for three. At half-time I said I felt we were well in the game. Defensively our organisation was good and we created enough chances to win the game. It is never easy to come to play to places like here. We played like a big team".

I thought Fuchs was hit and miss. Had some poor moments but also some excellent ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757