Post Match Chelsea 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Fuchs crossing was a bit weak, to be honest
he also barely got forward, because he cannot get up and down all game anymore, which when we play Maddison where he played is something we need from the left back

he also barely got forward, because he cannot get up and down all game anymore, which when we play Maddison where he played is something we need from the left back

I’m sorry that’s bollocks. It’s ok to be wrong sometimes. Even I do it occasionally.

Maddison tucking inside in the second half opened up the game and that wouldn’t have worked without Fuchs making forward runs, which he was, regularly..

I’m sorry that’s bollocks. It’s ok to be wrong sometimes. Even I do it occasionally.

Maddison tucking inside in the second half opened up the game and that wouldn’t have worked without Fuchs making forward runs, which he was, regularly..
compared to how much Chilwell gets forward and Ricardo on the other side he barely got forward

Fuchs played more or less the middle third of the pitch in the second half. Much further forward than he got in the first.

That let Maddison come inside more and that's whay was working for us.

He wasn't bombing up and down, but his delivery is better from deep anyway and good enough that he can cross from back there rather than needing to bomb to the touchline.

Honestly not sure what the tactics where in the first half. Shocking IMO. Wasted the talent we had in the team. Looked completely disjointed and liked they hadn't played/trained together before. Completely Rodgers fault IMO.

Second half was good. We started to show that quality. Teilmans got more involved in the areas he is effective and Madison looked a different player.

I personal (and this might be unpopular) believe Choudhury is not good enough for where we want to be. He's a good terrier, but lacks quality on the ball. Praet will take his place soon.

Hopefully it's starting to come together.

Sounds like I did myself a favour by missing thewhole first half, saw the scond and thought we looked good. Thought Fuchs, Evans and Cags were solid and showed some good moves. Chelsea seemed to offer no threat in the second half. A little less dithering on the ball when we were attacking and we might have nicked it ,

I'm really glad Maddison showed his class in that second half. He was poor in the first, as most of them were, but he really did respond in the second half and I felt he was leading the midfield. I think Ndidi and Choudhury is a tough one to pull off and I'm not sure it's working. I think I'd drop Choudhury and bring in Barnes to provide some width and attacking flair.

So Fuchs, like Morgan, might still have a few good games left in him? ;)

I have always felt he was a better defender than Chilwell, and is able to deliver a better cross and throw than Chilwell.

So what was the difference in the second half? Different shape, or just a bollocking from the manager at half-ti,e?

We got into 'em, and ****ed 'em up.

Let's not forget Chelsea's part in the difference between the 1st and 2nd half. They started all guns blazing (a good tactic against notoriously slow starters) We got blitzed and were hanging on, lucky to be only 1 goal behind after 20 minutes.

But Chelsea couldn't maintain that high line press, high tempo game.As they fell back, we got more space and time to assert ourselves. We can ask questions about our tactics 1st half, about our inability to handle being pressured and the ease with which we made mistakes and gave away possession, but one oughtn't overlook entirely the circumstances.

Chelsea went for the throat from the word go at ManU too, and they got tonked. If I were a Chelsea fan, I'd be worried; there are holes in that side. They throw every forward in an almost unbalanced frenzy. We could have, and arguably ought have, exploited that. As it happens, we weathered a storm (and got lucky) and showed our quality when space allowed. We'll learn from it and improve (hopefully)

I was pretty pleased with that overall, but feel it was an opportunity missed. Chelsea came out of the traps and pressed us very impressively and at a high tempo, and we were lucky to only be 1-0 down by the time the onslaught finished.

I thought the whole back four were class for the majority of the game, particularly Söyüncü. The link up between Maddison/Tielemans/Perez/Vardy really needs to improve - they didn’t look like they were on the same wavelength at times, especially compared to the back end of last season.

We need to ditch the diamond or whatever the hell formation we’re playing. We showed top 6 form under Brendan last season so not sure why he has tried to change it. Albrighton and Barnes need to come in for Perez and Choudhury (who I thought played well).

After looking like a rabbit caught in headlights for the first five minutes, Dennis Praet started to look absolutely superb. I’m always conscious about praising a new signing after watching them for half an hour ever since Adrian Silva’s 30 minute cameo against Huddersfield at home. So I’ll leave it there for now.

Also, is it me or is Tielemans carrying a bit of pre season timber? He seems to be a yard off the pace at the moment.

A forward thinking defensive midfielder
However you want to put it, he looks good
He was defensive in Italy, more attacking in Belgium. With luck it'll be like we've signed 2 players. Maybe a bit of a throwback to the days of the "utility player"

Actually **** that. It'll mean we'll end up playing him at right-back!

Unfortunately I missed the second half. Unfortunately I didn't miss the first half. Sums the game up. A bit of a jekkyl and Hyde performance by the sounds of it.. Praet coming on for one of the defensive midfielders was one of the changes I was crying out for at half time.

Who’s Junior Lewis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265