Match Thread Chelsea v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have liked to have seen Barnes. We were hopelessly narrow last week and it didn't suit us.

Wow really surprised by the Fuchs for Chilwell change. Really surprised. That's going to give us even less width going forwards.

Chilwell is injured, Fuchs's legs have gone and he was worse defensively than Chilwell when he's played recently, we shouldn't have given him a new contract.

not even a pretence of having width on the left now

Fuchs is usually a better option going forward in my opinion as he's one of the best crossers we've got. Defensively he can't really be much worse than Chilwell was last week to be fair. He's was going forward, doing naff all and then not getting back leaving Soyuncu in a world of shit every time. Having said that, I am a bit surprised at the change, Chilwell is one of those who's better when he's got that space to run into - one bad game doesn't make a bad player and with it being against Chelsea you'd expect them to have a go and be in search of the three points and thus, leave more space for all our attacking plays. I also expected more from Wolves in that sense last week though..

Chilwell got to be injured - no way he'd be completely dropped from the match day squad.

Fuchs is usually a better option going forward in my opinion as he's one of the best crossers we've got. Defensively he can't really be much worse than Chilwell was last week to be fair. He's was going forward, doing naff all and then not getting back leaving Soyuncu in a world of shit every time. Having said that, I am a bit surprised at the change, Chilwell is one of those who's better when he's got that space to run into - one bad game doesn't make a bad player and with it being against Chelsea you'd expect them to have a go and be in search of the three points and thus, leave more space for all our attacking plays. I also expected more from Wolves in that sense last week though..
when only Vardy gets in the box what's the point crossing it, other than just to make a few fans happy, its simply not an effective tactic for us

Apparently it is an injury. Makes more sense. I literally don't think well be using Fuchs unless we have to at this point. Hopefully he can prove me wrong today though.

Think he will struggle with Pulisic pace though!

Interesting to see how our defence deals with Giroud today. That concerns me.

Think up against a player like thay is where we might miss Maguire's aerial presence. Evans isn't as strong in the air as that. Hopefully Soyuncu can be. Very different test to Wolves strikers last week though.

With that in the centre, and Pulisic possibly up against Fuchs, crosses could be a concern.

I'm still going for a 1-1 draw though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265