Injury News Coronavirus - Leicester players affected

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Premier League accept that there's a good probability that the league will be suspended at some point in the near future (as they appear to, citing Govt advice) then I see little point in confusing the issue further by not suspending it now.

The Brighton v Arsenal match is already postponed (understandably) To my mind, it makes sense to postpone all of this weekend's fixtures with a view to making another decision next week, though the situation is certainly not going to get any better in the next few weeks.
Just think of all those poor policemen who were due to get overtime this weekend. How will they feed their families?

The decision is slowing being taken from the Premier League's hands. By the time they come to meet (at 10:30 I believe) they'll simply be rubber stamping what is becoming clearer by the minute - Everton, now Watford... how many more clubs will be taking their own actions.

I think the issue is that once football stops, it probably won't start again for at least six months.

That knocks everything out. Do club's reimburse fans? Do Sky reimburse subscribers? Does the season get written off entirely? Do we have promotion and relegation? Are Liverpool champions or not?

Stopping is inevitable but the questions that follow are very tricky.

If PL/ EFL is to be suspended then my solution would be to get all teams to same number of games ( 29) even if Man city, Arsenal Sheff Utd, A Villa have to play behind close doors for that one match. That would settle the title, CL places, if Villa can escape relegation, and Sheff Utd can get into 5th place ( if ManCity are not allowed to compete in CL). Just an idea - (but I've assumed the missing matches are against each other)

It will be a holding announcement to 4th April, which is fair enough.

In reality there's no way will anyone be playing football on 4th April - this thing will be ten times worse by then

Hopefully they will now begin proper conversations about what the **** they are going to do when no matches at all are played for the next 6-8 weeks

EFL suspended to April

Premier League still counting up the potential cost, I suspect

To 3rd April

Yes, it will all be over by then...….

Callum Hudson-Odoi says he was tested positive for the virus on Monday and has now recovered!

He's in for a nasty shock I reckon.

Evidence from people who have had it say it is very mild to start with and after a few days you feel better and think it's gone but about 7 days later it hits you with a vengeance.

Doesn't matter now anyway. He won't be playing anytime soon.

Callum Hudson-Odoi says he was tested positive for the virus on Monday and has now recovered!

He's in for a nasty shock I reckon.

Evidence from people who have had it say it is very mild to start with and after a few days you feel better and think it's gone but about 7 days later it hits you with a vengeance.

Doesn't matter now anyway. He won't be playing anytime soon.

That's not the experience of young people. It is very mild for almost all of them. Hudson-Odoi is 18 or 19 isn't he? He may well be fine after a few days.

That's not the experience of young people. It is very mild for almost all of them. Hudson-Odoi is 18 or 19 isn't he? He may well be fine after a few days.
Let's hope so. The person I was referring to was a fit and healthy mid twenties young English man who was interviewed in Wuhan.

Let's hope so. The person I was referring to was a fit and healthy mid twenties young English man who was interviewed in Wuhan.
but you don't know his underlying medical conditions, for most people its a very severe flu that does recover with no treatment, but obviously everyone will differ slightly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757