Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soulsby has had plenty of data available to him for years about the dreadful sweatshop slavery operating across large sections of the city, and done precisely **** all about it

The man’s a complete twat
That’s not true, he’s built lots of unusable, badly designed cycle lanes for them to get to work.

Masks compulsory here from tomorrow (shops, banks, malls and indoor markets etc) No real surprise because too many people (but not all, or even most) seem to think the arrival of summer and the end of lockdown means the risk has gone. Plus some areas have seen increased infection rates. Equally, social distancing is at best variable. This ain't over yet and I fear for some places that are taking lesser precautions. Obviously, I hope my fears are unfounded.

As an experiment, it's going to be interesting to see how/if mask wearing changes infection rates.

Masks compulsory here from tomorrow (shops, banks, malls and indoor markets etc) No real surprise because too many people (but not all, or even most) seem to think the arrival of summer and the end of lockdown means the risk has gone. Plus some areas have seen increased infection rates. Equally, social distancing is at best variable. This ain't over yet and I fear for some places that are taking lesser precautions. Obviously, I hope my fears are unfounded.

As an experiment, it's going to be interesting to see how/if mask wearing changes infection rates.
If my experience at the supermarket is anything to go by, it won't affect it at all. Any positive effect of them will be cancelled out by the bastards now leaning all over me to get to the frozen chips. It's not even like this is acceptable behaviour at the best of times.

I’ll be over there in a week and a half. Masks at the ready :023:

If my experience at the supermarket is anything to go by, it won't affect it at all.

Yes, I too have experienced something similar; someone reaching over me to get a 'next customer' thingy at the supermarket conveyor. I don't know why. Perhaps they thought the mask gives a ultraviolet force field.

From my reading, it seems mask wearing is not the 'no brainer' that might be thought. Above actions aside, IF they were worn (and removed) as advised then they are a positive thing but in practice that's not happening and this leads to a false sense of security, and worse, a belief that it's all that's required.

All that said, I do believe the wearing of a mask (in certain instances and if done as advised) makes sense. That's why I'm interested to see its impact on infection rates.

If my experience at the supermarket is anything to go by, it won't affect it at all. Any positive effect of them will be cancelled out by the bastards now leaning all over me to get to the frozen chips. It's not even like this is acceptable behaviour at the best of times.
What are you doing defending the frozen chips anyway?

Face masks were made mandatory here in Melbourne on 22nd July. Two weeks on and the daily rate is at its highest so far.

The really strict restrictions (stage 4) are now in place. They start in full at 23:59 tonight, although many of them started at 18:00 on Sunday.

If the rate is still as high as it is today in two weeks time, I predict stage 5, which presumably mean full blown war.

Face masks were made mandatory here in Melbourne on 22nd July. Two weeks on and the daily rate is at its highest so far.

The really strict restrictions (stage 4) are now in place. They start in full at 23:59 tonight, although many of them started at 18:00 on Sunday.

If the rate is still as high as it is today in two weeks time, I predict stage 5, which presumably mean full blown war.
Urgh. I'm locked down in Level 4 lockdown in Melbourne with Joe_Fox.

Could 2020 get any worse?

Prahran, so close enough for Albert Park and Fawkner Park to be within my 5km radius.

You?
Carlton North, you southern wanker ha ha. How's Chapel Street looking? Dead?

Also, we should watch some live matches in the city together when things get back to normal.

So Trump has it now. To be honest when I heard POTUS and FLOTUS had to virus, I thought it must be reference to a new story line in some whimsical Italian cartoon/comic.

So Trump has it now. To be honest when I heard POTUS and FLOTUS had to virus, I thought it must be reference to a new story line in some whimsical Italian cartoon/comic.
US politics is more like an episode of Black Mirror. Only darker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757