Could Vardy be the inside left answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

A thought I've had recently is about the problem we have balancing the side on the left, how we increase our goal threat, and then how good Vardy is in the left channel; it's where he does a lot of his good work.

I know I'll be shouted down, but I think it could be a way to help us get more goal threat on to the pitch. Ensure Maddison plays central and still maintain Vardy high up the pitch similar to Mane, Rashford, Salah, Aubameyang or Sterling, none of whom play centre forward but all share Vardys attributes with most scoring 20+ goals a season from their position.

Would anyone mind Rodgers naming a side shaped like the below?

Schmeichel
Pereira Evans Soyuncu Chilwell
Ndidi Tielemans
Maddison
Barnes Perez Vardy

In this shape we can get game time for Perez, Gray and Iheanacho whilst Vardy is still on the pitch and also gives Chilwell someone to link with who can hold the ball well enough for him to bomb on confidently....

Disagree. Vardy central is the best option. I think he does a lot of work in keeping central defenders on tender hooks and this frees up space elsewhere.

You play your best goalscorer where he's most likely to score.

For some players, that is from a wide position (Salah, Sterling, Mane). For others, it is from a central position (Kane, Aguero, Vardy).

Vardy has played wide plenty. Most notably under Pearson and Hodgson. He was ineffective.

His record when played centrally and supplied properly is exceptional. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Can he play right back ?

Inside left FFS.

This place gets more wibble by the day

maybe we'll all change our mind when we buy Harry Kane in January after he says he wants a move to a club that knows how to win and have Vardy play like Ronaldo at Madrid, nominally left wing but never has to defend

maybe we'll all change our mind when we buy Harry Kane in January...

Never ever going to happen but wouldn't it be bloody hilarious if it did, the Spurs fans would go absolutely bonkers. Mind you, I don't think he would be a popular acquisition though.

Never ever going to happen but wouldn't it be bloody hilarious if it did, the Spurs fans would go absolutely bonkers. Mind you, I don't think he would be a popular acquisition though.
any Leicester fan unhappy at signing Harry Kane needs to go and watch another sport, he is simply quite possibly the best central striker in the world.

Like you said it would never happen but then again I wasn't being serious with that post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263