Speculation Craig Dawson on loan from WBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Gathering a bit of pace on Twitter.

Seems he will come here once WBA have got their target in.

Make of it what you will.

Seen a bit of him with the Under 21s and looks ok (my head says why can't he get in ahead of McAuley though!!). I'm sure he has been linked with some other clubs too .

Seen him at Rochdale, can be defensively raw against a powerful striker but very good against quicker livewires. Very, very good at scoring from set-pieces (him and Kennedy did it for fun).

Potential of a full deal I think too as he's stagnating at West Brom and surely Dawson's got realise that.

Saw him for the Under-21s earlier in the season where he scored twice from a couple of set-pieces. Always seems to be rated highly, I'd take him for sure. We need some cover clearly, and Pearson's track record with signing defenders has been strong.

Definitely more of a stereotypical Pearson signing than Sharp or Kebe and more like the kind of player who is successful under him. At the very least we need cover at centre-back while Bamba is out at the Africa Cup of Nations, so it seems a sensible loan move for us on paper.

Definitely more of a stereotypical Pearson signing than Sharp or Kebe and more like the kind of player who is successful under him. At the very least we need cover at centre-back while Bamba is out at the Africa Cup of Nations, so it seems a sensible loan move for us on paper.

Agreed. I don't know anything about this guy, but we need defensive cover and I'd trust Pearson to find a good one. An extra centre back is vital with Bamba away, but also because of Tunch's injury record.

I have never heard of him, so he instantly qualifies as a better buy than any of the 'bound to disappoint' known names we would normally look to.

When Waggers got into the England squad just after he signed for Hull this guy also made his U21 debut.

During the build up on Sky Sports they showed him in action and talked about him with high praise. He had been on loan at Rochdale (?) and was their leading goalscorer in double figures.

Anyway he looked a good player, scored from a corner to cap a solid display.

GETTIM - IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670