Craig Shakespeare

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

No this thread isn’t about Craig (god love him)... it was just me having a reflective moment about Man U(re). Does anyone else think they did a Craig Shakespeare by appointing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?

By that I mean they appointed a caretaker who did a decent enough job in that role (probably because he was liked by some of the players) but is ultimately not quite right for the job. They put in their shift so he’d get the job (because let’s face it, it is in their interest to have one of their mates as manager) and now he has it the foot is off the pedal.

I could see this happening months ago which is why I am delighted they gave him the job... we have a better chance at placing higher than them next year.

Yes. I’ve been saying this since he was appointed. I see why they gave him the job, but it definitely reminded me of the circumstances with Shakespeare.

Man Utd need a massive overhaul of players and mentality. They need a manager that will ruthlessly move out most of their squad and have the sense to sign talented younger players rather than absurdly over-priced prima donnas.

There is no indication whatsoever that OGS is capable of this. The idiotic Man Utd fans love him but they'll soon realise that he's not equipped for the challenge.

I think it's great.

He doesn’t appear to be what Utd need, but blimey the board’s hands were tied. If (as manager) Jamie Vardy won ten matches in a row after Robbie Neilson had just blown our chances of European football in a season as our manager, we’d all be calling for him to get it.

Not surprised, but can understand it!

Of course they ****ed up. The vast majority of caretaker to permos go tits up within a few months..

I think he was the best appointment for all concerned.

Midlanders/Scousers/Bluemancs/Yorkshirefolk/

I’d say Southerners but that is Utd heartland.

I was only talking about this at work today.
Very similar run and possibly the same end too.
And losing to their rivals tonight will not help matters.

Hopefully Man U win a few now to keep his position safe...

It’d be useful if they were shite next year :icon lol:

I absolutely love seeing the big teams go through messy transitions and be made to look foolish. The OGS thing is really very weird, it’s quite pathetic how much he leans on what the club achieved in the past. Leave that bit to the fans, a manager can’t get by on just believing that pulling on a red jersey and playing at their scabby old stadium magically elevates ordinary players to world class one but it actually seems like that’s what he’s hoping for.

Imagine calling a Ferguson lead United ‘naive’, you could never have said that about them but it’s exactly what they are now. I think it’s great but I do feel slightly embarrassed and sorry for Solskjær, he’s like a 4 year old that made all the grown ups laugh once and is now desperately doing the same shtick over and over.

Man Utd need a massive overhaul of players and mentality. They need a manager that will ruthlessly move out most of their squad and have the sense to sign talented younger players rather than absurdly over-priced prima donnas.

There is no indication whatsoever that OGS is capable of this. The idiotic Man Utd fans love him but they'll soon realise that he's not equipped for the challenge.

I think it's great.

The job desription your post generates tells me they are looking for none other than Claude Puel.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263