Crystal Palace - Tue 16th March 2010 - 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Crystal Palace - 16th March 2010 - 8pm

Can you ask him which trains he plans to get. When he tells you what they are, please post it on here. It may help other people who are in the same situation.

Ok, I'll try I don't think he knows that much though just that we need to get the 11:15 from St Pancras.

Better get the 22-08 from Thornton Heath then as this gets to St Pancras at 23-01

If you not get this and get the 22-12 this not get you there til 23-10

Both involve changes 2 and this is also mentioned

LONDON BRIDGE UNDERGROUND STATION: Reduced escalator service until mid May 2010.
KING'S CROSS ST PANCRAS STATION: Reduced escalator service until further notice.

Thornton Heath is around 2/3 mile from the ground. It might be possible to walk it in 10 minutes if you walk fast, but 15 minutes is more realistic. So it's likely to involve leaving before the end of the match.

To walk it in either 10 or 15 minutes, I reckon you would need to know exactly where you are going and to be very confident about finding your way. The away end is also at the wrong side of the ground for Thornton Heath station. If you do leave on the final whistle, it's likely that for the first few minutes you'll be walking against the flow of Palace fans walking in the other direction.

Which is the nearest station to the ground?
When I went a few times in the past I was living down south so made my way from Croydon or Clapham Junction. Can't remember though how long it took to walk but it was probably Thornton Heath

Click here for the Walkit route from the stadium to Thornton Heath station. Your journey is a little longer than this though because the exit from the away end is down Park Road.

Which is the nearest station to the ground?

From the away end, it's Norwood Junction. Selhurst and Thornton Heath are about equidistant.

right i'm going this fella

:)

can we buy on the day you reckon? think i did last season

right i'm going this fella

:)

can we buy on the day you reckon? think i did last season

I can't imagine that tickets won't be available on the night, although it will be at least a week before we hear an announcement about it.

Because of the 5 hours it took to get to Hereford a few years back. One and a half hours stop at the service station!!!!

Carling Cup on the Tuesday night? I travelled on FT, took forever!

Last time I went to Palarse on the FT we got hopelessly lost round Croyden and arrived 2 mins before KO - horrible day out cos we got thrashed 3-0 with Bruce Dyer hitting a hat trick. I think i'm right in saying we went down there a week or so later and won 3-0 in the cup.

Oh, and Harbs its going to be a pizza express (in the old Peacock) sadly not a hut - and we're also getting another Tesco (petrol station & express - going out of town after the station). Another weatherspoons is rumoured but you're too young for that.

Last time I went to Palarse on the FT we got hopelessly lost round Croyden and arrived 2 mins before KO - horrible day out cos we got thrashed 3-0 with Bruce Dyer hitting a hat trick. I think i'm right in saying we went down there a week or so later and won 3-0 in the cup.

Oh, and Harbs its going to be a pizza express (in the old Peacock) sadly not a hut - and we're also getting another Tesco (petrol station & express - going out of town after the station). Another weatherspoons is rumoured but you're too young for that.

Yeah I heard about the Tesco up by focus, Pizza express what a ****ing let down that is. I heard that there is going to be a Lloyds bar where Kwik Save used to be.

Yeah I heard about the Tesco up by focus, Pizza express what a ****ing let down that is. I heard that there is going to be a Lloyds bar where Kwik Save used to be.

Pizza Express is loads better than Pizza Hut IMO. And Lloyds/Wetherspoons are the same thing. :icon_wink

The games were actually the other way round from what you remember. The 'Dyer hat-trick' defeat was the Cup game (4th round FA Cup); revenge was taken with a 3-0 victory in a Premier League match. And the "week or so" that you recall was something more like two and a half months IIRC.

The games were actually the other way round from what you remember. The 'Dyer hat-trick' defeat was the Cup game (4th round FA Cup); revenge was taken with a 3-0 victory in a Premier League match. And the "week or so" that you recall was something more like two and a half months IIRC.

First game - January 24th 1998.

Second game - April 11th 1998.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472