Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Genius

Banned
Best thing on TV for ages, it is so funny. Larry David is a brilliant writer and every show something happens that you don't expect.

Is this the programme that's mostly improvised all the way through, or something to that effect? I've seen a clip or two, but never got round to watching it properly.

That's the one, they all talk and act as if nothing is rehearsed at all.It is a spin off of Seinfeld.

Poor man's Partridge imo.

Is this the programme that's mostly improvised all the way through, or something to that effect?

That's the one, they all talk and act as if nothing is rehearsed at all.

There's no script. The cast are given an outline of what the plot is and what the outcome of each scene needs to be, but they ad lib all of the interaction.

:102:

They're not comparable at all, imo.
Both very funny series, but very different humour.

Disagree. Both cringe humour based around one guy digging himself into holes then while trying to get himself out of the hole just making it worse. I do like Curb though.

Disagree. Both cringe humour based around one guy digging himself into holes then while trying to get himself out of the hole just making it worse.

That's a very, very superficial assessment, both shows are about a lot more than just that.

They're both men.
That's as far as the comparison goes for me. Totally different shows, with different humour

Well explain how the humour is different then? :102:

Well explain how the humour is different then? :102:

I'm too drunk to dissect it in any detail right now, but without trying too hard, CYE is typical Yank Jewish humour, playing on Jewish stereotypes, whereas AP is very, very, very British spoof.

But apart from that they're identical in every way and, in actual fact, the original name for the lead character in CYE was Larry Partridge. This was only changed after they found out that Steve Coogan was planning a new series featuring a character called Alan David.
An interesting, but little known, fact.

I'm too drunk to dissect it in any detail right now, but without trying too hard, CYE is typical Yank Jewish humour, playing on Jewish stereotypes, whereas AP is very, very, very British spoof.

But apart from that they're identical in every way and, in actual fact, the original name for the lead character in CYE was Larry Partridge. This was only changed after they found out that Steve Coogan was planning a new series featuring a character called Alan David.
An interesting, but little known, fact.

Alan would be suspicious of someone with a firstname as a surname :)

I've caught odd episodes in the past and always thought it far superior to Alan Partridge. Problem is I keep forgetting where and when it's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669