dave bassett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helps with transfers, works between the Board and MA in making sure MA gets what he feels he needs at the club, uses contacts and resources to further the club's name in a business field, drawing investment etc....

it s just harry redknapp was in the paper today saying it was a boring job and had nothing to do,made me think what bassett does,quite a bit looking at things

I reckon it is a boring job for the likes of someone who loves the day-to-day managing of a team.

Bassett gets paid ok I would imagine, he has it cushty, especially with his old mate Corkie there too..

To be honest - what is the ****ing point? We look worse now than we have for ages.

i suppose he is there just to offset the workload,so micky can concentrate on the football :shock: side :wink:

Strikes me as a job they give someone out of sentiment.'Won't sack him he's not done too bad a job,tell you what give him a job upstairs''.I don't think Bassett does a lot other than negotiating in transfers,probably sits in his office listening to Chas n Dave LPs .

he must have a couple of hours spare a week to 'tidy up' around the stadium then? Tsk...

alex said:
Helps with transfers, works between the Board and MA in making sure MA gets what he feels he needs at the club, uses contacts and resources to further the club's name in a business field, drawing investment etc....

So what do the other directors do?

Tony Elsby said:
alex said:

There are only 2 paid directors Tim Davies & Paul Mace who run the day to day operations.

Dave Bassett does all the transfer negotiations & Tim Davies is only called in to add weight to negotiations if need & when needed.

Dave Bassett also does scouting on most days of the week, but Micky normally also has a look himself before making any bids.

So while Dave Bassett deals with the pure football side, the two paid directors oversee all other elements that any business needs - including non-football money generation, community activities, dealing with all football, local & safety authorities &ensuring the business if sustainable on an ongoing basis. They also need to look after their customers (ie us)

Tony Elsby said:
alex said:

I believe the FT just answered that for you...

Foxes_Trust said:
Dave Bassett also does scouting on most days of the week, but Micky normally also has a look himself before making any bids.
:shock: so they've seen this seasons signings play and still put pen to paper? :shock:

Bassett and Cork must have some say on the way we play,both ex-Wimbledon,both advocates on the long ball/hoof.Get rid of Cork and get someone alongside MA who used to pass the ball when he played,McAllister for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566