Don't Get Carried Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandler

Banned
It was a good result but only a slightly above average team performance against the weakest team in the division. In fact, many of the problems that have bedevilled us this season were still in evidence on Saturday.

We simply are not dominating territorially for long enough stretches, not breaking teams down and carving them open often enough and creating bread and butter chances for forwards and midfielders.

And what has happened to the team that was, according to one Premiership manager last season, the BEST at set plays in EUROPE? There is something mysteriously wrong with the chemistry of the team.

On paper (or by reputation) we have probably got the best first eleven and squad in the division. In time, it might settle down. But at the moment, to use a cliche, it is not gelling and it lacks confidence.

Maybe, just maybe, MA might be missing a trick here. I cannot help feeling that he has got all the ingredients of a handy counter attacking side. We have solid dominating defenders, midfielders with vision who can pass and wingers with pace.

We are not the Man U of this division. We could be more of a pale shadow of the Arsenal.

I thought that in the second half we played some lovely stuff. Because our fans were well and truly behind them, they were not afraid to pass the ball rather than hoof it. Hopefully this confidence that they have gained will continue for a long time to come. Keep the faith!

Regardless of who we beat, we finally showed some signs of playing as a team in the second half.

OK, so the only signs in the first half was the huddle before kick off, but overall it was step in the right direction

No one is getting carried away - but a win is a win, so we are entitled to celebrate

homer said:
Regardless of who we beat, we finally showed some signs of playing as a team in the second half.

OK, so the only signs in the first half was the huddle before kick off, but overall it was step in the right direction

No one is getting carried away - but a win is a win, so we are entitled to celebrate

I think that is spot on. Anyone who gets too carried away by a win over Rotherham merely demonstrates the level to which we had fallen.

However, it is a turn in the right direction for several reasons -including the dropping of the likes of Wilcox and not picking Gillespie and the nod given by MA to Tommy Wright. I also think he was right to play Williams who has potential and right to play Nallis who is probably our current best player.
I think the Sheffield United match is a very difficult one at this point in what is hopefully out long term recovery and something like a goalless draw would be a decent result.

i think you are correct in sayingl ets not get carried away, however the reason we won on sat was because the feel good factor from the real fans in the ground spilt onto the pitch and i do think the players picked this up. us as fans now have to build on this and really sing our lower regions off tomorow night, its my first home game of the season tomorow and i for one will be bubbling with excitment about this one so lets pretend the season started on sat and we are unbeaten, basically lets give 100% which is very familiar to us foxes faithful. if the lads can just show more of that second half then we should be more than happy, and most off all lets take it to the yorkshireman and sing and play like the homeside should.

I hope we only hake one change for Tuesday.

Scowy for Tiatto BUT i cannot see Micky doing it so he will probably drop Willliams and keep Scowy on the Left and bring Tiatto inside.

Either way i think Tiatto strengtherns the team.

Ian said:

Scowy for Tiatto BUT i cannot see Micky doing it so he will probably drop Willliams and keep Scowy on the Left and bring Tiatto inside.

Not the bllody Fishy jokes again :roll:

DurhamFox said:
Ian said:

Not the bllody Fishy jokes again :roll:

I think cod olley will play. Guppy wont play for us although I think he's found a plaice at Stoke and will provide plenty of chips for the fans.

I'll be on the front roe, perching on the edge of my seat

homer said:
I'll be on the front roe, perching on the edge of my seat

Rainbow Trout

Billy Boy said:
Stop carping on about this. It's all bream said before. :lol:

Tench out of Tench for effort Billy.

I think that dropping Williams is a red herring.

Personally I reckon that we need a snapper at left back so I'd play Tiatto instead of Stewart.

(I do really think that, in spite of the puns)

will chubber still be in goal?

Stop being so shellfish you lot and let someone else post a fishy joke

Ian said:

He'll bring Tiatto in for Jordan won't he?

I am not getting carried away after reading on the OS that we have not beaten these at home since the 87-88 season :shock: :? :oops:
Oh well no time like the present to break that. 8)

Naughty Fox said:
I am not getting carried away after reading on the OS that we have not beaten these at home since the 87-88 season :shock: :? :oops:
Oh well no time like the present to break that. 8)

Spot on Naughty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670