ECB40 Worcs match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Buck is having a poor game today, missed Taylor's spell but he looks to have done well again.

Wayne White dropped for disciplinary reasons. Interesting to see a couple of tweets saying it is a joke decision, without any idea of what happened to cause the punishment.

What a good win, I couldn't keep my eyes off the run chase. thought Sarwan was going to bring it home after his 6 for his century, but then we were out of it. really good for the youngsters to bring us home, great experience for Taylor.

Oh and another good one day innings from Thornely, with a massive six.

Wayne White dropped for disciplinary reasons. Interesting to see a couple of tweets saying it is a joke decision, without any idea of what happened to cause the punishment.

Wayne White says on his twitter that it is for "not playing for the team". If true the management and coaches at Leicestershire are a joke and a disgrace to cricket. In fact lets face it they are useless anyway no matter what happened.

Last edited:
What a good win, I couldn't keep my eyes off the run chase. thought Sarwan was going to bring it home after his 6 for his century, but then we were out of it. really good for the youngsters to bring us home, great experience for Taylor.

Oh and another good one day innings from Thornely, with a massive six.

Sarwan played well, but a few had decent strike rates when batting. I'm sure Taylor and Jones had strike rates above 200 at the end. At one point Leicestershire were chasing 11 runs odd an over, so a great win and Taylor again got Leicestershire over the line.

Let's face it based on results not too many have "played for the team".

However, it's interesting that when the club got round to taking some decisive actions - we don't appear to be nearly as bad as we appeared to be.

The players in general needed to understand that the season was unacceptable and although we don't have a strong squad - performances and individuals have been shoddy. Good to see things being done before the end of the season and whilst there is time to build some foundations for 2013.

Wayne White says on his twitter that it is for "not playing for the team". If true the management and coaches at Leicestershire are a joke and a disgrace to cricket. In fact lets face it they are useless anyway no matter what happened.

But again that is his side of the story. Those are not disciplinary reasons so there must be something behind it.

Update from Will Jefferson. Doubt we will see him again this year.

http://www.ecb.co.uk/twelfthman/blogs/back-to-square-one,5242,BA.html

Last edited:
The players in general needed to understand that the season was unacceptable and although we don't have a strong squad - performances and individuals have been shoddy. Good to see things being done before the end of the season and whilst there is time to build some foundations for 2013.

I agree some players, but some have also shown signs of improvement as well like Cobb in four day cricket and Boyce in the 20 over format. Might sound odd, but I actually think the bowling has been weaker than the batting this season especially in limited over cricket.

But again that is his side of the story. Those are not disciplinary reasons so there must be something behind it.

I did think it sounded odd and I don't think White should be made a scapegoat for the teams failings. I actually think he needed a break from limited overs and I noticed he hasn't bowled alot in the last few games probably due to economy factors. Maybe that may of been a factor. In four day cricket over the last two season White has averaged over 30 with the bat and under 30 with the ball and probably the most improved player, so I hope he stays.

Regarding the Jefferson situation and his performances, I would be surprised if Thornely isn't offered a contract at the end of the season. It a shame about Jefferson as he is a good player across all three forms.

Last edited:
I don't like White's bowling full stop - but you are right he has improved significantly overall.

Not convinced by Boyce - he has done much better in limited overs and I'm sure that he will have been concerned about his future.

Jefferson - can be a devastating batsman - but so chronically injury prone that I can't see him continuing on present basis. Match by match arrangement in BB 40/T20 on the basis that he's not likely to retain sufficient fitness for the 4 day game?

Thornely - LCCC is his last chance saloon and he is making a great effort - looks decent quality all round.

Solanki is available - discard those who are not up to it and try to bring him in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4698
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5Norwich City4674
6West Brom4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669