England B v Belarus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durham Fox said:
It wasnt Belarus B

Then I demand that ITV teletext editor is sacked immediately.

I thought we got 50 vcash if we got to zero? Webbo?

To be fair the first goal came from Green collapsing on the floor with a pulled groin and kicking the ball to their bloke in the process! Obviously instead of kicking the ball out because the keeper was injured and it would be the gentlemen thing to do! Belarus just tap it into the empty net! :icon_roll :icon_roll :icon_roll

highland fox said:
Wasn't the Belarus Reserve Side but we still should have won.There were some fair performances i.e Lennon,A.Cole and there were more than a few poor ones i.e Hargreaves,Downing,Carrick.Like I said I'll judge with the likes of Gerrard,Lampard,Terry,Joe Cole in the side.

It was advertised as Belarus A. Are you saying that it was the Belarus first-team? If you are, I think you are wrong.

Willlow said:
To be fair the first goal came from Green collapsing on the floor with a pulled groin and kicking the ball to their bloke in the process! Obviously instead of kicking the ball out because the keeper was injured and it would be the gentlemen thing to do! Belarus just tap it into the empty net! :icon_roll :icon_roll :icon_roll

Sounds to be something more serious than a simple pull. I wonder if he has been hiding the fact that he has a hernia in the hope that he might get a WC game. If so, things have gone drastically wrong.

Nathan said:
Aparantly he "ruptured" his groin.

i understand that as a tear?

In relation to a groin injury, a rupture and a hernia is the same thing. Muscle, which is supposed to keep the insides in, separates and lets some of the insides pop out.

There are a few areas of the body where this is more likely to happen (and it can also happen internally - the groin is one of them. Sometimes the muscles can close back together and stop the inside bit getting back inside - a strangulated hernia - can be very dangerous and almost always very painful.

I made my earlier comment because it is quite unusual for hernias/ruptures just to happen. Normally the person would be aware of it and either ignore or manage it - that's OK until things go wrong.

Last edited:
bocadillo said:
It was advertised as Belarus A. Are you saying that it was the Belarus first-team? If you are, I think you are wrong.

So are you saying it was the Belarus B team? If so I want my money back.

Joe_Fox said:
So are you saying it was the Belarus B team? If so I want my money back.

Certainly not saying it was BelarusB. It was their A team - their reserves, if you like.

The Reading site said it was BelarusA. The BBC say it was BelarusB. ITV say it was BelarusA. The FA say it was BelarusA. I am inclined to think that it was BelarusA.

Of the 12 players who beat Scotland in the WC qualifier at Hampden last October, only 2 played the whole 90 minutes of last night's game and another 3 played only part of it. Doesn't sound like Balarus's first-team to me.

Last edited:
so if it was england B, it was effectively our third team?

so the hierarchy is:
First Team
A Team
B Team???

Nathan said:
so if it was england B, it was effectively our third team?

so the hierarchy is:
First Team
A Team
B Team???

I've been talking bolloacks - it was a B international - the same level as Gupps and ESC-key played in 1998.

No such thing as A in internationals, just Full and B (and the u21s and things like that)

Rob green is out and Scott Carson has been called up with the young lad from manure moved onto the standby list in carsons place.

fcukcov said:
Rob green is out and Scott Carson has been called up with the young lad from manure moved onto the standby list in carsons place.

Is that Ben Foster ?

highland fox said:
Is that Ben Foster ?
yeh i think so, he was on the reserves reserve list so has been moved up.

highland fox said:
Oh and how the feck does Owen Hargreaves get into the Squad.He was incapable of passsing the ball to a team mate in the first half.:102:

I didn't watch the game but read that Hargreaves was one of the few positives. Anyway even if that's true, a good performance against Belarus doesn't mean anything and you are right his selection is a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669