England v Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dismal. Well done Nico for seeing it through.

And Nixon was a lot more cautious than normal. captains orders I assume...

Vaughan just wanted the win, he played like a tart to try and get a good score and failed. The run rate suffered as a result as well. Our chances of progressing could be heavily affected because of his selfishness.

Resign you feckless has been
(even though you've achieved nothing in ODIs)

And Nixon was a lot more cautious than normal. captains orders I assume...

Vaughan just wanted the win, he played like a tart to try and get a good score and failed. The run rate suffered as a result as well. Our chances of progressing could be heavily affected because of his selfishness.

Resign you feckless has been
(and I call you a has been even though you've achieved nothing in ODIs)

Well if theres anything to take from the game, its that we've got two points and that our chances of qualifying for the semis are still in our own hands.

- If SA beat NZ, then it means we'll have to beat SA and WI to qualify.
- If SA lose to NZ, then it means we'll just have to beat SA to qualify and avoid a complete hammering (150+ runs) against WI.

If we went through with wins over Bangladesh, Ireland and SA and thats all, I would be extremely satisfied. Come on you NZers!

Our batting is still a disgrace though, our bowling is kind of passable but our we have 3 of our top 6 in complete disarray. Hopefully they'll get some runs against a one dimensional SA attack with no spinners.

Last edited:
Well if theres anything to take from the game, its that we've got two points and that our chances of qualifying for the semis are still in our own hands.

- If SA beat NZ, then it means we'll have to beat SA and WI to qualify.
- If SA lose to NZ, then it means we'll just have to beat SA to qualify and avoid a complete hammering (150+ runs) against WI.

If we went through with wins over Bangladesh, Ireland and SA and thats all, I would be extremely satisfied. Come on you NZers!

Our batting is still a disgrace though, our bowling is kind of passable but our we have 3 of our top 6 in complete disarray. Hopefully they'll get some runs against a one dimensional SA attack with no spinners.

Quite frankly i think we are kidding ourselves in this tournament. We have at no stage looked like getting the better of the quality teams in this world cup. The top 4 who i expect to qualify are performing on a different level to England. We have some good individuals but can't seem to put a good all round performance in

What about the last over against Sri Lanka?

nixon player of the tourney for england. every over you can hear him giving encouragement to all the lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669