Match Thread England v Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy: Sirigu, Chiellini, Darmian, Candreva, Marchisio, Balotelli, Barzagli, De Rossi, Paletta, Pirlo (c), Verratti

A while ago Jonathan Wilson said that Danny Welbeck looks like a dead horse falling from a helicopter.

I agree, but I still kind of like Welbeck.

BBC moron 1 : Who can we get to liven up our World Cup coverage ?
BBC moron 2 : We have to show we can compete with Sky
BBC moron 1 : Their coverage is amazing - especially that there Gary Neville. He's brilliant
BBC moron 2 : I know, let's get his brother Phil. He's bound to be as good as Gary
BBC moron 1 : Brliiant idea. Get hm in. He'll be amazing. There's no way that he will be the most boring arsehole that football has ever seen
BBC moron 2 : Of course he won't. He'll be fantastic. No way that he will have the whole country shoving red hot pokers down their ears and burning their ear drums out rather than listen to the comatose manc twat
BBC moron 1 : We'll win an award for this

Johnson. Shite
Baines. Shite
Welbeck. Pointless shite
Sterling. Over- hyped shite
Rooney. Complete and utter dogturd wanking useless shite

Complete toss

Johnson. Shite
Baines. Shite
Welbeck. Pointless shite
Sterling. Over- hyped shite
Rooney. Complete and utter dogturd wanking useless shite

Complete toss

Was it the crap shooting the crap tracking back passing to no one or that expert corner he took that secured that accolade then Homer.

And Gerard no matter how he tried he ain't got it anymore. Freekick of his near the end, why oh why did he not give it for one of the others ( except Rooney) to take

Last edited:
Have to say, I loved that corner

If he plays on Thursday, we're out

Rooney - aside from the cross for the goal - was awful tonight. Not sure what Roy said to him at half time but he had a major sulk on from then, if not before.

As the BBC pundits (bar Rio Ferdinand) pointed out - Sterling was our best player in that number 10 position. Sturridge and Welbeck had good games... Rooney just doesn't fit in.

I would've had Rooney off when Welbeck came off and then was annoyed to see Sturridge coming off before I realised he'd got a knock.

Rooney is so, so frustrating because technically he's our most talented player and is capable of a moment of brilliant. But, he ruins the team and just doesn't seem to give a shit when he plays for England.

I thought we played well for the most part other than the massively shoddy defending on the left hand side (why oh why didn't we take Ashley Cole).

Uruguay game is obviously now a massive one (not quite must win but pretty close)... serious questions about whether Rooney stays in. I get that he's playing in a position he's not as comfortable in, but he should still do better. And Sturridge deserves that number 9 role and Sterling deserves the number 10. I think Hodgson will start with Rooney and probably push Sterling wide, but I hope he at least has the stones to take him off if there isn't a marked improvement from tonight. Hopefully Ox will be fit to take his place.

A while ago Jonathan Wilson said that Danny Welbeck looks like a dead horse falling from a helicopter.

I agree, but I still kind of like Welbeck.
Macky has a picture you'd like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366