Pre Match Everton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
The formation isn't the issue though.

I'm suggesting a change in attitude / work rate and desire. I guarantee you those things will bring far more success than changing the formation.

If we can't get more of those three things then we are as good as ****ed and might as well play 10 defenders.
changing the system can cause the other things you mention to occur as it forces a reaction

It's basically impossible to play 2 up front and Maddison in the same team.

I think we COULD play 442 but Maddison and possibly even Youri would have to be left on the bench.

We really are suffering with Ricardo being injured at the minute, as has been suggested earlier a 3-5-2 will add steel to our midfield and give us more going forward.
Everton will swamp our midfield and deny any width job done, would love to see our wide players attack the last defender and cross the ball, we can but dream!

I know there’s disagreement about formation. But I think we’re all in agreement that we’re going to get spanked tomorrow night.

Not looking forward to it at all.

I know there’s disagreement about formation. But I think we’re all in agreement that we’re going to get spanked tomorrow night.

Not looking forward to it at all.
You want to stop thinking like that, it's not doing you any good at all.

Also, why do you think we'll get spanked?

I reckon we'll come right tomorrow. Dunno why I think that, I just do. Feel it in my water or something. I just hope that translates into a win.

Change the Manager
Change the formation
Play the kids

All comes out when we go through a shitty run of form

the fact we only have 1 winger that can be effective, and he is highly inconsistent (had Barnes shown the touch and composure he had vs Villa Sunday we likely would have been 2 or 3-0 up early on) and a second striker "doing a job" on the other wing means some of us are looking for solutions.

as a temporary measure adding a 3rd CB could work for us in different ways
Except our most productive players in 2020 for goals and assists have been Perez and Barnes.... That's 2 effective wingers.....

Except our most productive players in 2020 for goals and assists have been Perez and Barnes.... That's 2 effective wingers.....
sorry I'm struggling to keep up, Perez was a waste of space last time I checked on here and we were better off playing Albrighton...

I actually like both but as I said Barnes is highly inconsistent and Perez has looked more comfortable central, especially when partnered with Nacho, wouldn't mind seeing him partnered with Vardy tomorrow

Okay ive regained confidence for some reason today
Schmeichel
Justin Soyuncu Evans Chilwell
Ndidi
Praet Tielemans
Perez Vardy Barnes

1-2 to Leicester

sorry I'm struggling to keep up, Perez was a waste of space last time I checked on here and we were better off playing Albrighton...

I actually like both but as I said Barnes is highly inconsistent and Perez has looked more comfortable central, especially when partnered with Nacho, wouldn't mind seeing him partnered with Vardy tomorrow
Ah, that's where you're going wrong. Watch the game instead of getting all your info from posters here.

diamond formation, forget wingers,barnes not consistent, perez not good enough in that position/lacks pace to get around the fullbacks. if chilwell, justin manage to get up and put in a cross or two -fine.
creativity through the middle should allow us to get a few chances..

Schmeichel
Justin Soyuncu Evans Chilwell
Ndidi
Praet maddison
Perez
Vardy Nacho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782