FA Cup semi final

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember selling tickets at Filbo in the car park when we were going to the play-offs.

I was situated in one of a few sheds, basic but what an atmosphere.

we didn’t have tills in those days it was cash only and we put all the money in a walkers crisp box behind us.

I got more money in tips than the actual pay.

Around Xmas '91 I was back at my parents. So I caught a few games. I'd just been offered my second chance at university ( I'd ****ed the first effort up). I knew I couldn't be forced into a training course so I'd pop down from Cumbria to watch a game. Every time I'd walk out the stadium I'd look at the ticket booths and think **** it. I think I hitched to every home game after that, except one.

I remember selling tickets at Filbo in the car park when we were going to the play-offs.

I was situated in one of a few sheds, basic but what an atmosphere.

we didn’t have tills in those days it was cash only and we put all the money in a walkers crisp box behind us.

I got more money in tips than the actual pay.
I remember queuing as a kid and being desperate for the loo - had to find a shop willing to let me use theirs as the club didn't have any outside ones.

Beat that, Robby Savage.

Not to mention hugely unfair as one of the participants isn't from that far from Wembley
Hang on... wouldn't we like chelsea to shithouse their way into the final to give us a better chance? Good call FA, load up the stadium with cockneys!

Hmmmm... it must be just a floated proposal which, on further thought, is deemed practically unworkable. How and where would it be enforced?

10k fans spread thinly around a 90k stadium would be tragic.

I can't really think of a stadium I'd want to go to less in such circumstances.

Even more so if, as I suspect, the tickets would almost exclusively go to friends of the ticket office/staff and supporters club freaks.

So, tickets sold only from the club ticket office to punters proving Wembley post codes? What could possibly go wrong? More loopholes than a crochet pattern. Still plus side, spivs Wembley way could coin it. Boris loves a bit of free marketeering.

If the Leicester game is chosen as the trial game i have a friend that lives in Wembley so could potentially get tickets but the 1830 kick off on a Sunday is the shit part, never thought I would say this but it would probably be better watching it on t.v

In the 80s sometime, I went to Wembley to watch an American football game between to 2 NFL teams (Shittown Arsewipes & Bolloxville Bogeysnots, or some such) A stadium of curious nonpartisans don't create much of an atmosphere... and I suspect there were more than 10,000 of us. Still, it was a day out I suppose.

It's such a seriously bad idea that it could only be one dreamt up by someone that really doesn't have a clue. If they can't get real fans then don't bother at all. It's just a sham otherwise.

Edit: to be fair, there were probably real fans of the 2 teams, and the game, there... so they possibly enjoyed even if it was a little surreal.

Last edited:
BBC Sport understands there will be up to 4,000 spectators at one of the Wembley semi-finals and the following weekend the Carabao Cup final could test an attendance of double that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757