Formula 1

Feriol

Watching the highlights now. Looked very dramatic. Latifi misjudged the restart imo and cars behind him thought they were going as a result.

FOX Franks

Those rules are kind of odd aren't they - can understand why Bottas is doing what he is, but it caused absolute chaos didn't it?
Nice to see Albon make it on to the podium. Been a hard start for him

give_us_a_wave

All of this is impossible for a man of my age.

I grew up watching motorsport in the 1970s when it was contested almost entirely by certified nutcases with a death wish & safety regulations were confined to wearing a condom in case the groupies weren't on the pill. & that was mostly ignored.

They'd turn up hungover, or often even still half pissed from the night before's champagne & brandy session, chop out a quick line to clear the head while getting sucked off in the pit lane by a highly suspect Brazilian go-go dancer with a 2ft afro.

Then it's 180mph into a bend & the next thing you see is them hauling themselves from burning wreckage, legging it across the width of the track encased in a halo of burning petrol before being rugby tackled to the ground by 2 track marshalls with a fireproof blanket.

2 months & 4 skin grafts later they're back on the starting grid with their face fixed to their skull with bits of blu tac & extra thick gloves so they can grip the steering wheel without passing out from the pain of the weeping 3rd degree burns on their palms & fingers.

Lewis Hamilton my arse.

Jimmy Hunt would have ****ed his mum & let him watch.

Robin127

All of this is impossible for a man of my age.

I grew up watching motorsport in the 1970s when it was contested almost entirely by certified nutcases with a death wish & safety regulations were confined to wearing a condom in case the groupies weren't on the pill. & that was mostly ignored.

They'd turn up hungover, or often even still half pissed from the night before's champagne & brandy session, chop out a quick line to clear the head while getting sucked off in the pit lane by a highly suspect Brazilian go-go dancer with a 2ft afro.

Then it's 180mph into a bend & the next thing you see is them hauling themselves from burning wreckage, legging it across the width of the track encased in a halo of burning petrol before being rugby tackled to the ground by 2 track marshalls with a fireproof blanket.

2 months & 4 skin grafts later they're back on the starting grid with their face fixed to their skull with bits of blu tac & extra thick gloves so they can grip the steering wheel without passing out from the pain of the weeping 3rd degree burns on their palms & fingers.

Lewis Hamilton my arse.

Jimmy Hunt would have ****ed his mum & let him watch.

I know this post was in jest but I've raced motorcycles since the mid 70's and I look back now at what passed for safety at most of circuits we raced at right up until the late 80's early 90's and at times I really think I got away very lightly from some of the crashes I had. Things are so much better now than they were but that restart after the safety car was a complete cluster. The powers that be must address that type of situation.

give_us_a_wave

I know this post was in jest but I've raced motorcycles since the mid 70's and I look back now at what passed for safety at most of circuits we raced at right up until the late 80's early 90's and at times I really think I got away very lightly from some of the crashes I had. Things are so much better now than they were but that restart after the safety car was a complete cluster. The powers that be must address that type of situation.
It's basically a societal thing. Nobody was overly concerned with safety in any arena up until the late 90s. Believe me I worked on enough construction & demolition sites to know!
Like all things though it seems to have slipped too far the other way. I know parents who drive themselves to the cusp of madness stressing over what may or may not happen to their kids if they let them do anything.
I don't know about you but my childhood consisted of endless summers of being kicked out of the house at 10am & told to be back for tea.

Of course you couldn't do that nowadays what with the armies of ninja paedos & such.

Premier League

P Pld Pts
Leicester  9
Everton  9
Arsenal  6
Liverpool  6
Palace  6
Leeds Utd  6
Tottenham   4
Chelsea  4
Newcastle Utd  4
10 West Ham Utd  3