Post Match Fulham 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're third in the league, despite the occasional blip.

What we don't need is a slump. Because a slump can quickly turn into a collapse, and we'll have a real crisis on our hands. Feel free to add your own cliches...
At what point in the blip, slump, collapse, crisis cycle do the wheels officially come off?

Second half was quite dull but it's a testament to our players to manage the game out as Fulhum were still up for it just after the break.

I believe the order is:

Freak result
An off day
One of those things
Unfortunate
Unlucky
They didn’t need that after the last game
2 in a row
Surprising really
Poor result considering the last game
Dip in form
Need a win from somewhere
That’s 3 losses on the spin/bounce/row
Managers in trouble
Squad too thin to cope
Looking over their shoulder
Clearly not contenders
Looking at the teams below rather than above
4 in a row, how long can they allow this to continue given the investment/ambition
On the slide
Just need a goal off someone’s backside
5 in a row
Sam Allerdyce/David Moyes/Steve Brice
6 in a row
Relegation certainties
Forest
Derby

My favourite moment of this match has to be our second. The wife got a phonecall fae the maw in law 5 minutes previous. She walked in just as we scored and asked why i was celebrating a replay....she thought it was in slow mo.

The same as the West Ham, Everton, Villa and Fulham blips.....
Fulham (the real blip) aside, they're all decent sides who are capable of giving anyone else a good run. I don't know why people expect us to beat them everytime

Well this result looks even better come 10pm - Liverpool lose to Brighton so we're now 3rd on level games with the teams immediately behind us.

Everton are 6 points behind with 2 games in hand.

Nobody singing Choudhury's praises. I'm surprised. I thought he showed a new level of self-discipline and was outstanding.
I don’t think he was outstanding but he did well, certainly better than Mendy was against Leeds.

Well for me, the fact we picked up 3 points without Vardy is cause for celebration.

Had my doubts about Justin earlier on this season, but I have to say he’s been a stand out and consistently strong performer for us the best part of 3 months.

I clearly don’t know my arse from my armpit

It's worth saying that next season will be our 8th successive one in the top flight. We've only done better twice in our history.

The last time we went into our 8th successive top flight campaign was in 1964-65. The other time was 1932-33.
Now that's a stat worth contemplating.

I was born halfway through the 64/65 season, so it's taken my entire lifetime to achieve it again.

It only seems like 5 minutes ago that I was sat in a half empty stadium watching the horrors served up by Levein, Allen, Megson & Holloway. I actually started to think that there was no way back from this nightmare & that the odd one off cup tie might be the only thing to ever get excited about again as we spent 20 years being utterly shit.
In previous times I'd been frustrated at the constant bouncing up & down between the top 2 divisions. I found it maddening. Suddenly it seemed like halcyon days.

It's taken over 45 years, but LCFC have finally become the team I thought they were when I started following them in the mid 1970s !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4387
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263