Pre Match Fulham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you do instead?

There isn't much choice
Play someone who will hold the ball and run into space unfortunately Perez can not do this, it takes him 2 or 3 attempts to control the ball which means he misses the opportunity to capitalise on any movement of our players moving off the ball.

I would play Nacho (that is how dire the situation is) at least he will look to run beyond the last defender, Perez is a luxury footballer who is all too often muscled off the ball, I agree we have very poor options in this area, I would even look to play Barnes up front with Under or Thomas filling Barnes position.

I know I am a harsh critic of Perez although IMO he is being asked to play in a manner that is alien to him and obviously not to his strengths, either we change are system to suit him or we change personnel. BR will not change our system so continuing to do the same thing with the same player that is obviously not working, yet in continuing to do so he is expecting a different result is by any definition, madness.

We have yet again blown a glorious opportunity to pull away from the chasing pack and put down a real marker for a top four position. Hopefully I am made to eat my words and Perez has a stormer of a game and we win comfortably.

Looks like Ricardo and Soyuncu are going to back in the starting lineup

Also the mystery of where Big Wes has been in recent weeks is answered.

Castagne out with hamstring. Fofana doubtful with hamstring.

No Vardy (hernia) or Ndidi (hamstring). Morgan resting for four weeks to settle his back. Praet out with hamstring.

Four hamstring injuries doesn't say much for our preparation.

No Vardy (hernia) or Ndidi (hamstring). Morgan resting for four weeks to settle his back. Praet out with hamstring.

One of the ex-players commenting on a match the other day said there's been more hamstring and other muscle injuries this season than he could remember. I'm still not sure why the CL and Europa had to be squeezed into 6 weeks when there's more than enough time to the next round to space them as normal.

Seems like a few matches during those during a worldwide pandemic might have been a better option than cramming.
there is also the fact UEFA are refusing to move the Euro's back a month or even to Christmas so that 2 seasons in a row they can pause for the Euro's and World cup then get back on track after

there is also the fact UEFA are refusing to move the Euro's back a month or even to Christmas so that 2 seasons in a row they can pause for the Euro's and World cup then get back on track after
Going to be brilliant with no fans and lots of injured players not taking part. Probably also still in some kind of lock down so no watching down the pub, can't wait :rolleyes:

I think it says more about the amount and frequency of games we've played this season.

I've not checked stats but muscle injuries seem far from unique to us this season.

Villa don't seem to have suffered too much but they seem to have played one of the fewest games plus had quite a bit of break with their covid shutdown.

So missing Fofana, Ndidi, Vardy, Castagne...

Kasper

Ricardo
Soyuncu
Evans
Justin

Tielemans
Mendy
Maddison

Barnes
Nacho
Albrighton?

bench will be threadbare:
Perez, Fuchs, Amartey, Choudhury, Under etc

Still a much better lineup than Fulham...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263