Pre Match Fulham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under MUST start over Albrighton, we need as many goal threats as possible
Yep, think I'd go with this too.

Tracking back will be important though as their full backs do look to bomb on like we do but hopefully we can catch them out.

Loftus Cheek one to watch too as he usually has a good game against us and certainly has the physical advantage Vs wee Mendy.

Head-to-head

• Fulham's solitary defeat in seven Premier League meetings came at the King Power Stadium in March 2019. That was the second match as manager of their respective clubs for both Brendan Rodgers and Scott Parker.
  • Leicester are winless in five visits to Fulham in all competitions since a 1-0 victory in the second tier in April 1983 (D2, L3).
Fulham

• Fulham's current 10-match winless run is their second longest in the Premier League. They went 12 games without a victory between November 2007 and January 2008.
  • They could lose their opening four home matches in a calendar year for the first time since becoming a Football League side in 1907.
  • The Cottagers' solitary home league win in 11 attempts was 2-0 against West Brom in November (D3, L7).
  • They are winless in eight Premier League matches played on a Wednesday since Scott Parker captained them to a 2-1 home victory over West Ham on New Year's Day 2014 (D5, L3).
  • Bobby Decordova-Reid has scored seven goals in 22 league and cup appearances in 2020-21. The only season in which he has been more prolific was 2017-18, with 21 goals for Bristol City.
Leicester City

• Sunday's defeat by Leeds ended Leicester's nine-match unbeaten run in all competitions.
  • The Foxes have gone seven away games without defeat in all competitions, their best run for more than five years (W5, D2).
  • The 23 away points they have earned from 10 matches this season is second only to Manchester United's tally of 27.
  • Leicester have earned just one point from their past four league fixtures without Jamie Vardy.
  • They have won only six of their 22 league matches without Wilfred Ndidi since he made his club debut in January 2017 (D3, L13).
  • James Maddison has been directly involved in 10 goals in his past 11 appearances for Leicester, as many as his previous 43. He has scored six goals and set up four.

Referee: Robert Jones.
Assistants: Mark Scholes, Dan Robathan.
Fourth official: Keith Stroud.
VAR: Lee Mason.
Assistant VAR: Lee Betts.

3 centre backs was carnage against this lot last time.

4 at the back for the whole game, hence no need for Albrighton.

Nacho and Ünder in for Perez and Albrighton please.

And I know everyone has been slating Choudhury, but I wouldn’t be too disappointed to see him in for Mendy.

Schmeichel
Pereira Soyuncu Evans Justin
Mendy
Under Maddison Tielemans Barnes
Nacho

Bring perez on for maddison when he inevitably stinks out the place
Bring albrighton on for under if we are winning at 70 odd
Vardy is meant to be on the bench isn't he? If so would be nice for him to get a 5-10 minute runout

Schmeichel
Pereira Soyuncu Evans Justin
Mendy
Under Maddison Tielemans Barnes
Nacho

Bring perez on for maddison when he inevitably stinks out the place
Bring albrighton on for under if we are winning at 70 odd
Vardy is meant to be on the bench isn't he? If so would be nice for him to get a 5-10 minute runout
Not sure Vardy will be back for this one think the weekend is when he'll be back

I'd make a few changes to freshen things up.

Fulham haven't won in ages and they are no good. I don't see why any decent line up from us shouldn't be confident of victory.

3 centre backs was carnage against this lot last time.

4 at the back for the whole game, hence no need for Albrighton.

Nacho and Ünder in for Perez and Albrighton please.

And I know everyone has been slating Choudhury, but I wouldn’t be too disappointed to see him in for Mendy.
I can see the logic behind Choudhury as he would definitely be more of a physical match for RLC.

Think I'd stick with Mendy though as he is a better player and we should be controlling the game more than chasing it...... Hopefully!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4492
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4485
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263