Have Your say on VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't need to though does it. VAR has been a categorical disaster for anyone who attends football matches in person. I don't give a **** about how armchair Dave feels.

That's not my opinion.

I support VAR and am content to allow the teething troubles to work through until they get it right. I think Mike Riley has been disasterous at implementing it and laws of the game need to change but VAR itself is a very good development.

Hence my issue with the survey which utterly prevented me from expressing such a view.

Hence my issue with the survey which utterly prevented me from expressing such a view.
I feel there was nowhere in the survey where I could properly express my view too. All it needed was a simple tick box with the text 'unmitigated disaster - GET RID'.

Is it a national survey or just a Foxes Trust one supported by the FSA? I ask because the questions came across to me as a method of gathering evidence to say that fans don't like VAR.

There is no attempt to explain the rationale for VAR and how and why it is being applied. There is also no distinction between its application in England vs. elsewhere. There is nothing about the PGMOL interpretation. Several questions are just too vague to answer properly.

I think the survey will be affected by response bias and is more likely to be completed by someone negatve towards VAR.

It is currently a Foxes Trust survey supported by the FSA, but its a topic being discussed by several Premier League fans organisations, so maybe subsequently sent to other fans, that is yet to be determined.

We tried to phrase our questions in a neutral manner (and the questions were discussed with and amends made following feedback by the FSA) but as its referring to VAR at the KPS it is solely directed at Premier League use of VAR only

It doesn't need to though does it. VAR has been a categorical disaster for anyone who attends football matches in person. I don't give a **** about how armchair Dave feels.

The first question is determine if the fan taking the survey is regular, occasional or never visits the ground. This is so we analyse the responses by the 3 categories. From members feedback this season it is the those inside the ground who are the most dis-satisfied with it, but to feedback to the authorities survey data carries more weight than comments in the ground or on message boards, so the more that complete the survey the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757