Confirmed Transfer Hirst signs for Ipswich

I’m not saying he’s the worst player since Junior Lewis. He may have talent, he may not. But to this point, he hasn’t scored a single goal in England above League One level. He’s played in 40 games at Championship Level and not scored a single goal.

Sure, this may be his season and he may score 30+ goals and then get a move to the too-six in the Premier League and be a regular for England.

But selling him is not something to be negative about. The usual suspects complaining about this would complain just as much and talk about, “the so-called rebuild” if he was our starting striker against Coventry.

And seeing as the Peterborough game was behind closed doors, and we haven’t played a single competitive game under Maresca, how the hell people can criticize his tactics is beyond me.

What’s the story here then?

George deliberately ran his contract down at Wednesday to get a move as he (and his father) believed that the club were pricing him out of a dream opportunity at a higher level. It reminded me of a Joe Mattock kind of situation where the player thought he was better than the club he was at.

Due to his age, another club would have to pay compensation for him in the UK.

However, at the time, Pearson was managing OHL and did a deal to sign him for free with no compensation. This is why Wednesday hate him and his father who was previously a legend there.

Pearson and Hirst Snr are good mates.

After stinking Belgium out for a year, Hirst then transferred over to us for nothing and we've carried the useless lump ever since.

Seemed very good at League One level and is now moving to a team who will expect to do well in the Championship - honestly I'm not sure we shouldn't have been moving Vardy to the exit and giving him a proper go

After stinking Belgium out for a year, Hirst then transferred over to us for nothing and we've carried the useless lump ever since.

How much did we pay for him and how much did it cost in wages in the time he was here?

It's very possible that the Club has made a profit on this.

How much did we pay for him and how much did it cost in wages in the time he was here?

It's very possible that the Club has made a profit on this.
Think he was a free from OH after they signed him on a free from Wednesday.

Ipswich paid £1:5 million going up to £4 million in add ons.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463