How Do I Burn .avi Files to DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

I have a few videos downloaded in .avi format and wanted to put them on DVD so I could watch them on me TV, but I can't find a DVD burner that does it, or one that converts to .wmv for free.

I have a few videos downloaded in .avi format and wanted to put them on DVD so I could watch them on me TV, but I can't find a DVD burner that does it, or one that converts to .wmv for free.

Why would you want them as wmv?
What OS are you using?

I've used a few DVD writing programs will automatically converted avi files to DVD format, I'm surprised you couldn't find one. The only problem is the amount of time the conversion process takes.

It's not something I've done for a while though, I have a DVD player that plays DivX/Xvid files.

Have you tried google?
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...vi+to+dvd+freeware&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

Last edited:
I've used a few DVD writing programs will automatically converted avi files to DVD format, I'm surprised you couldn't find one. The only problem is the amount of time the conversion process takes.

It's not something I've done for a while though, I have a DVD player that plays DivX/Xvid files.

Have you tried google?
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...vi+to+dvd+freeware&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=

I have AVS, but it places a massive watermark in the middle of the screen unless you pay for registration. Was wondering if I could find a free one, and yeah I've tried google.

I have AVS, but it places a massive watermark in the middle of the screen unless you pay for registration. Was wondering if I could find a free one, and yeah I've tried google.

If you are using Vista, you'll already have a DVD burner preinstalled.
It's not the best, but it does the job.

If you are using Vista, you'll already have a DVD burner preinstalled.
It's not the best, but it does the job.

Yeah, I have that, but it doesn't convert avi files, hence why I need a different programme. I seem to have found one though. :icon_wink

You don't need to convert them, it'll burn avi files.

Windows DVD Maker? I can't get mine to burn .avi's, keeps saying the files are not valid. :icon_conf

edit: just caught your edit. Cheers, I'll download them codecs now. ;)

Last edited:
:038::038::038: Ripping them now, now I can watch that Leicester vs Chelsea game from 1965 from the comfort of my sofa. :icon_wink Cheers Macky!

Last edited:
Burning then. Pedant :icon_wink

:038::038::038: Ripping them now, now I can watch that Leicester vs Chelsea game from 1965 from the comfort of my sofa. :icon_wink Cheers Macky!

Kewlio.
I got that myself a few weeks ago, didn't get around to watching it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669