I think this explains a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

This would explain some of the posts on this forum. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: ;) From the BBC.

Middle-age most miserable for men

Reggie Perrin famously went through a mid-life crisis on screen
Men in their late 30s and early 40s are the least satisfied members of society, according to a survey.

They are even more dissatisfied than teenagers and the elderly, a study for the government found.

More than 3,600 people were asked to score their wellbeing on a scale of one to 10 as part of a survey for Defra.

Men, who rated their youthful happiness as 7.3, plunged into an early mid-life crisis with those aged 35-44 reporting satisfaction levels at 6.8.

The overall average satisfaction level for men and women was 7.3 in England, suggesting that individuals are generally fairly content.

Seventy-four per cent of people said they felt generally positive about themselves.

Satisfaction of the sexes

Men and women regarded their retirement years as the happiest period of their lives, with women over 65 scoring 7.65 and men of the same age at 7.8 on the scale.

The "angry young man" phenomenon is not borne out by the statistics which show men aged 16-24 rating themselves 7.3.

Women were also happy in their late-teens and early 20s - scoring 7.55 - although they dipped to 7.1 between the ages of 25-34.

People's employment status also had an effect on their well-being.

Those in full time education or training were the most satisfied with a rating of 7.7, while the least content were those on long-term sick leave or disabled - with a score of 5.9. Unemployed people rated themselves 6.3.

Men were less happy than women about staying at home - with women scoring 7.2 but men, only 6.1.

Men however claimed to be less anxious than women. When asked whether they worry a lot, 45% of women agreed but only 30% of men.

The information was collected by the British Market Research Bureau and collated in Defra's 2007 Survey of Public Attitudes and Behaviours.

A load of ol' bollox if you ask me. Who the **** comes up with this shite?

Have some people got **** all else do bar sit and make up shit about who are the grumpiest people, I wish I had that ****ing luxury.

Probably some bloody oik who's never had to set foot in this real world we have to ****ing live in.

If I was one of the people the author refers to then I'd be seriously annoyed at the spotty little fukwit, but I aint, so I don't care.

****ing wankers should mind their own pathetic business and stop worrying about us ****s who arer stuck in this shit hole we call "real life"

****s

A load of ol' bollox if you ask me. Who the **** comes up with this shite?

Have some people got **** all else do bar sit and make up shit about who are the grumpiest people, I wish I had that ****ing luxury.

Probably some bloody oik who's never had to set foot in this real world we have to ****ing live in.

If I was one of the people the author refers to then I'd be seriously annoyed at the spotty little fukwit, but I aint, so I don't care.

****ing wankers should mind their own pathetic business and stop worrying about us ****s who arer stuck in this shit hole we call "real life"

****s

How old are you melts :icon_lol:;):icon_razz

Would be interesting to see which football supporters were the unhappiest too. My top 3 in order would be......

1. Leeds
2. Spurs
3. Leicester

Any takers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690