IE7 and Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
anyone using it? I installed it the 0other day again aftetr removing it first time around. Im having quite a few problems with lock ups and crashing, anyone else?

Incidentally I saw Vista for the first time last week - looks ace! :038:

Im a bit hacked off my new laptop didnt come with a free upgrade coupon though!

just got IE7 and Im sooo pleased it has finally got rid of that bloody packard bell purple for me!!

been using Vista for a while, it is very resource hungry don't even consider it unless you have a gig of ram as an absolute bare minimum and if you want to use the new aero visual effects you'll need a good graphics card with its own ram as well.
There is a new security feature in Vista called User account control which will drive you absolutely demented, it basically pops you asking to confirm permission everytime you try to do anything with your PC and it doesn't learn as it goes along, it drives me feckin nuts.
Windows explorer has been improved & has a more Mac/linux style navigation.
The desktop widgets are pretty good but, again, you will need lots of ram to keep your PC usable if you are going to use them.

As for IE7, apart from tabbed browsing it is still as slow as ever and I certainly won't be switching from firefox. A good site here which pretty much sums up IE7.

been using Vista for a while, it is very resource hungry don't even consider it unless you have a gig of ram as an absolute bare minimum and if you want to use the new aero visual effects you'll need a good graphics card with its own ram as well.
There is a new security feature in Vista called User account control which will drive you absolutely demented, it basically pops you asking to confirm permission everytime you try to do anything with your PC and it doesn't learn as it goes along, it drives me feckin nuts.
Windows explorer has been improved & has a more Mac/linux style navigation.
The desktop widgets are pretty good but, again, you will need lots of ram to keep your PC usable if you are going to use them.

As for IE7, apart from tabbed browsing it is still as slow as ever and I certainly won't be switching from firefox. A good site here which pretty much sums up IE7.

How have you been using Vista for a while? The business versions don't come out for a month or so? Unless you have the beta? In which case it will be slower

I saw the beta and it was running dog slow on a very high spec laptop. Cant see it taking off for sometime yet.

Beta's are nearly always slower as they won't have full driver support amongst other things.

How have you been using Vista for a while? The business versions don't come out for a month or so? Unless you have the beta? In which case it will be slower

erm yeah it's definitely Vista and it's already finished not sure what you mean about business versions.
I've used RC 1 & 2 and the RTM version and they are all resource hungry, ask Micro$oft if you don't believe me.

I did, their page disagrees with you! http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/

which part of the page disagrees with me?? :102:

A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC(able to run "Windows Aero user experience") includes at least:
  • 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1.
  • 1 GB of system memory.
  • Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)2, Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel.
which is pretty much exactly what I said.

Windows Vista will be made available to Volume License customers later in the month of November 2006.

I agree with the spec bit that you said, just that it doesn't appear to be released yet so I am unsure how you have been using it that's all

Windows Vista will be made available to Volume License customers later in the month of November 2006.

I agree with the spec bit that you said, just that it doesn't appear to be released yet so I am unsure how you have been using it that's all

Sorry, I hadn't read your previous post properly.
My job is testing software & hardware for a large ISP, so have obviously been ahead of the game.

I installed IE7 today and it kept crashing. I uninstalled what I thought was the update patch and now IE does not work at all. Where can i get IE6 from? I looked on the Microsoft site but cant seem to find it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669