Im Backing Micky

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

He has not let us down yet, indeed he stuck with us when it would have been easier to walk away, this is how we repay his loyality? By calling for his head!

I started followingLeicester before most of you were born and watching that performance last Monday sickened and embarressed me, but I put he majority of the blame down to the players (I know MA brought them here, but it was the best he could do with limited resources).
They have simply not performed to anyhing like they are capable.

Iknow you dont play football on paper, but our squad is as good as any in this league (the Bookies tell you that!)

I still believe that we have yet to field our best 11 and that when the players start to perform to aything like they are capable we will start to climb the league.

The bookies dont often get it wrong... get behind the team not against them!

well ive been going down since 1979 does that make me qualify to judge wether adams is taking us down a blind alley,on the subject of bookies the tote had us priced up at 7-2 favourites,known in the game as bad value,i managed to to get 8.8-1 on betfair and layed us of at7's,so some mug is sweating somewhere.the reason leicester were made favourites was through hype,if you offered made 50-1 now, i would turn it down on the fact leicester will not get promoted with that side unless a sugar daddy came along.the reason i backed us was i thought we had a half decent squad on paper at the start of the season,as of now ive yet to see it and worringly the new arrivals look average bar tiatto and connelly.i am getting fed up with the whole saga and unless adams changes the playing system i will always dislike him and would hope his contract is terminated.

I wish I did'nt agree with you sly, but I think the problems will not be overcome until MA leaves.

cause and effect

Don’t get me wrong, I do not dislike MA. (as I did PT) But when the whole squad of players leaves or gets kicked out. There is something wrong and I would like to know what the problem is. Ok some will say they left for better money, or premiership football. But, MA let them go or kicked them out, and he let this happen when he had no idea what players he was going to replace them with. We all know how difficult it is to find decent players but he took a big risk and so far, it has failed. I am not saying all of MA’s signings are crap, there not. But neither were some of the players that he kicked out or let go. So I ask why? There must be a reason:
Has there been a bust up?
Did those players dislike MA?
Did MA dislike them?
Is the pay structure having an effect on the performance?
Are they all cocaine addicts?
Someone please tell me.

The lack of enthusiasm we seen against Brighton is not unique it happened many times last season and I can’t see any passion. All players have bad days, but the whole team does not suddenly get turned off, there is a good reason and a good manager would sort out the problem. Again why does it happen? There must be a root cause

Consider the team structure, players playing out of position or worst still he changes their position two or three time a match. How can they develop an understanding of each other while they keep swapping positions? I do not understand how the squad will ever gel. Some one please explain to me why players are played out of position.

Now let’s look at the player selection, what criteria are used to decide who is going to play.
Is it based on skill? I don’t think so.
Effort? Certainly not
Leadership. No
Teamwork, (I wont even comment on that)
Shoe size (Most likely)
I don’t expect to be watching world class football at city, but I do expect to watch reasonable players making a reasonable effort. Am I expecting to much?.

Reserving players during a winning game, as if the game is an unimportant friendly and we inevitably end up losing; this does not just happen once, but again and again and again. Why? Why? Why?

I have no doubt about the effects of the above problems and would like one of the “Keep the faith” fans please explain to me why they don’t see the cause.

step said:
I wish I did'nt agree with you sly, but I think the problems will not be overcome until MA leaves.

Does anyone think it sane to tout for a new manager just for the sake of it or because we don't like the way Micky Adams and his coaching staff comb their hair. No. The reasons are so compelling that people like me who have backed him and backed him even through last year's dismal showing have finally had enough.

Can any of the MA supporters explain the reasons for their optimism on the basis of:-

Results....

Entertainment...

Emerging potential...

Inspiring determination...

So where are the reasons to preserve the status quo. Please, please, please, convince me. If you go to the doctors with depression then I imagine he'd give you something to help.

Going to City is giving more and more of us depression and when you go again it gets worse. How bad does it have to get?

Hope springs eternal but do we have to wait an eternity? Some fans seem so blindingly loyal that, while admiring what is an increasingly rare and laudable quality, I truly believe they will still be saying "give him time" when we slip down another division and finally into oblivion.

Couldn't happen? Look at the table. How many teams would you wager £100 we would beat right now?

Re: cause and effect

The lack of enthusiasm we seen against Brighton is not unique it happened many times last season and I can’t see any passion. All players have bad days, but the whole team does not suddenly get turned off, there is a good reason and a good manager would sort out the problem. Again why does it happen? There must be a root cause

Consider the team structure, players playing out of position or worst still ?

I have no doubt about the effects of the above problems and would like one of the “Keep the faith” fans please explain to me why they don’t see the cause.[/quote]

I don't think the position on lack of enthusiasm is complicated. You are right, there was little or no passion last season but there was a bit of a flourish once we were relegated as individual players put themselves in the shop window.

The enthusiasm in the promotion season now appears to have been motivated by the need to get the deferred wages paid up.

Everyone likes Micky & every body would like him to succeed. However, there is mounting hard evidence that he cannot motivate the players and indeed given the nature of most of his signings that is not surprising - they are playing out the embers of their careers and have seen it all before.

The situation is a mess. I don't believe that he is likely to retrieve the situation and at the same time we are unlikely to attract a talented replacement given the make up of the playing staff and the absence of funds to freshen things up. Notwithstanding, the dire state of the transfer market where only exceptional players have any significant transfer value -we are stuck with a bunch who it would be impossible to offload now without paying them up.

Therefore, do we see the season out with Micky and then start again with a new manager when its possible to get rid of the one season contract liabilities and the remnants from the PT days?

Re: cause and effect

step said:
Now let’s look at the player selection, what criteria are used to decide who is going to play.
Is it based on skill? I don’t think so.
Effort? Certainly not
Leadership. No
Teamwork, (I wont even comment on that)
Shoe size (Most likely)
I don’t expect to be watching world class football at city, but I do expect to watch reasonable players making a reasonable effort. Am I expecting to much?.

Well another factor seems to be age, or 'experience' as he likes to call it. I can't see any other reason why Nathan 'I'm here to collect my pension' Blake is picked ahead of Tommy Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566