Injury News Injury update from the manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under is a chump. Absolutely no chance he'll make it at the top level.

We put all our efforts into getting Trincao on loan and failed. We then ended up with a second rate show pony.

We'd have got more out of Ghezzal.

Under is a chump. Absolutely no chance he'll make it at the top level.

We put all our efforts into getting Trincao on loan and failed. We then ended up with a second rate show pony.

We'd have got more out of Ghezzal.

That's a bit much...

We'd get more from playing an actual gazelle than playing Ghezzal

Well neither of them will probably start a league game for us ever again. It’s clear that Rodgers has zero faith in Under, probably never wanted him but we needed a body.

He’s the right kind of player, direct and with good technique. Problem is he doesn’t look especially bright on the pitch, makes awful decisions and isn’t fast or strong enough.

Under is shite. He's not the gazelle tho.....I'm thinking more them Hungarian wingers or one of.

I don't think he's shite. He's shown enough in flashes that he has ability and technique. Unfortunately, his decision making and final ball are just not good enough.
I think there is a player there and we were right to take a chance in him (on loan) but he won't be here next year.

I think it is more to do with the fact that he offers very little defensively.

Under's got a sick note. Probably gets us out of triggering some clause or other in his contract. I love conspiracy theories.

Has there been any update on Barnes' injury? I haven't seen anything recently, but I know "at least 6 weeks" was said at the time, which was the end of February. 6 weeks from that point would be 11 April, but we've only got 3 more league games in that period. I get that it's "at least", but can't think that I've seen any more news on this.

I guess the same question could apply to Maddison, but I've not seen any mention of a timescale for his injury.

Has there been any update on Barnes' injury? I haven't seen anything recently, but I know "at least 6 weeks" was said at the time, which was the end of February. 6 weeks from that point would be 11 April, but we've only got 3 more league games in that period. I get that it's "at least", but can't think that I've seen any more news on this.

I guess the same question could apply to Maddison, but I've not seen any mention of a timescale for his injury.
he had the operation last week you won't get any updates for a couple of weeks until he resumes some form of training

City welcome Sheffield United to King Power Stadium on Sunday hoping to follow up last weekend's win at Brighton & Hove Albion by making it three games unbeaten in the Premier League.

While James Maddison (hip), Harvey Barnes (knee), James Justin (ACL), Wes Morgan (back) and Cengiz Ünder (thigh) remain out for the Foxes, Brendan Rodgers could have three players back in contention.

Evans (calf), Pérez (knee) and Praet (hamstring) are all close to featuring for the Foxes, with some possibly staring against the Blades on Filbert Way at the weekend, the City manager confirmed.

"We've got really good news with Jonny Evans back and he will be available," Rodgers told the media. "Dennis Praet has been training this week as well, so he should be available, and Ayoze Pérez. I’ll check with all those three before we select the team, but it’s great to have those back in the squad.

"He (Pérez) looks very, very good in training. He was doing some finishing exercises this morning and was excellent.

"The thing with him is he actually has a good fitness level because he’s been able to continue with that side of things, but I’ll speak with him later or first thing in the morning and see where he’s at.

"They're all available, which is important, and it gives us that flexibility."

On Maddison, meanwhile, the Northern Irishman reemphasised the need for patience as the England international continues his recovery from an issue in his hip area which returned in February.

"There’s no update," Rodgers added. "I said the other week we’d look at where he’s at probably after the international break.

"Day on day, he’s getting better. There’s no timeline on it. It’s just really about how he’s going to feel and there’s a little bit of soreness there, but he’s working with the medical team very hard and he’s as frustrated as us all really.

"He’s such a big player for us, but hopefully he can play a real part for us in the closing games.

"Like any football player, especially a young player that loves the game, he’s a boy that trains every single day, he loves his football, loves talking about the game, loves improving and becoming better.

"Of course, there’s an element of frustration when he can't do that. He’s in treatment watching everyone else train outside, but after those first few days or so, his spirits have been up. It’s just waiting and seeing how he reacts to some of the work he’s doing.

"It’s in the same area, but it’s not the same injury. There’s obviously a reaction there in the tendon which we need to see how it reacts, but hopefully sooner rather than later, he’ll be back."

On Ünder, Rodgers added: "He'll be a few weeks yet. He hurt his thigh, so he's still out, but there's nothing new to report."

I don't think Wes is going to be coming back unfortunately. It's a shame because having a fourth CB, even an aging one, is really useful just to have someone to bring on when you're shutting up shop (as we did at Bellend Road). We definitely need some kind of testimonial match for him before next season.

I don't think Wes is going to be coming back unfortunately. It's a shame because having a fourth CB, even an aging one, is really useful just to have someone to bring on when you're shutting up shop (as we did at Bellend Road). We definitely need some kind of testimonial match for him before next season.
we have 4 CB's, Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana and Amartey. And if people are actually honest they are all better than Wes is now, though no doubt some will claim he is better than Amartey

we have 4 CB's, Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana and Amartey. And if people are actually honest they are all better than Wes is now, though no doubt some will claim he is better than Amartey
You're right, I was thinking of more dedicated CBs so Amartey slipped my mind as he's a more versatile player. I'm a big fan of him, even before his goal, and I think he's been pretty solid when called upon. We do however need to bring in a replacement for Wes either from the youth team or elsewhere to give us some more depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757