Is a top four finish achievable or a pipe dream?

big_mac4824

I am very excited to see how badly we lose at Selhurst.
Hodgson always seems to have our number, I remember the celebrations when we beat them in our title winning season. Hopefully we win at Selhurst and carry the good form into the Arsenal fixture, interestingly Liverpool are due to play the likes of Spurs (who can lift their game) and Man City over the next few weeks. If we can continue to win and draw games we should begin to pull away from the mid table pack by the end of December.

big_mac4824

Liverpool have a tough month of fixtures ahead and have Spurs this weekend and a game against Man City looming two draws will be enough to see us close the gap on both of them. A win at Palace and a home win against the gooners will do nicely going into the increasingly frustrating international break.

The bookies are slashing our odds of a top 6 finish and the same for a top 4 spot.

big_mac4824

Strangely I fear CP more than I fear the gooners.
Me to Hodgson always seems to do a number on us hopefully we can score early then put them to the sword. If we beat Palace well that will surely put doubt in the Arsenal players minds?

TommyK

Remember in the title winning season we went into every game thinking we could win it (the players, fans, everyone) it certainly feels like that at the moment.

big_mac4824

Okay does this thread need revising after December? Looking at our fixture list we have a real possibility of going two points behind Liverpool ( if we beat Man City and Liverpool at the end of the month).

Barring Man City I feel we have the best all round squad to compete (No Europe) in the league and a cup.

big_mac4824

You think we have a better squad than Liverpool?
You will notice that I stated we have no Europe Liverpool do. They have the world club champs the EFL the FA cup etc. My point is, if this were Man City they have the squad capable of competing on all fronts Liverpool do not. They will try to compete in every comp going that will be their downfall, imo.

Premier League

P Pld Pts
Liverpool 16  46
Leicester 16  38
Manchester City 16  32
Chelsea 16  29
Manchester Utd 16  24
Wolves 16  24
Tottenham  16  23
Sheffield Utd 16  22
Palace 16  22
10 Newcastle Utd 16  22