Is it just me or..

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

...has anyone else got a flat feeling about the start of the season ?

I watched a bit of the West Ham game last night, and a bit of soccer special, and I just couldn't be bothered about any of it. Both teams again looked completely shite and I just didn't care who won what in any of the other games (although Gills beating Leeds was at least funny)

I just haven't got a buzz about this league. It'll be different tonight, I know, but I'm getting worried

Either I've turned into an arrogant wanker who thinks this league isn't good enough for me, or I'm turning a bit ginger

if you want to show us all yer arse i'd go for the latter!
:wink:

i know what you mean though, the season started a fair bit earlier this year so give it a couple of weeks and then change to supporting Man U! :wink:

I know what you mean (being a few thousand miles away doesn't help in my case) but I wonder if it's because this league is such an unknown quantity this season, with just about everyone thinking they can get a playoff place, that we just don't know who we're supposed to be cheering on in other games yet, and who we're supposed to be "worried" about (not that I think we should have anything to worry about really).

Give it a couple of months. It'll be back to the eee-i-ee-i-eee-i-o (although how can you go "up the football league" from a position of 1st by ten points in October???) :D :twisted:

I actually thought Reading played WHU off the park, but couldn't score. In the second half alone they should have scored 4/5.

As for the unbiased co-commentator Tony Gale, wanking over Teddy event though he was shit for most of the game, and then trying to convince us that his finish for the goal was brilliant (un marked, 5 yards out, nigh on centre of goal) I can only assume he was comparing it to the 'finishing' of Marlon Harewood, who can only be described as shite.

Mr Gale even called all the West Ham players by the first names he started to wind me up when he said west ham deserved to win

Did you see how many times Marlon Boxhead got caught offside !!!!

homer said:

I watched a bit of the West Ham game last night, and a bit of soccer special, and I just couldn't be bothered about any of it. Both teams again looked completely shite and I just didn't care who won what in any of the other games (although Gills beating Leeds was at least funny)

I just haven't got a buzz about this league. It'll be different tonight, I know, but I'm getting worried

Either I've turned into an arrogant wanker who thinks this league isn't good enough for me, or I'm turning a bit ginger

I can't understand you feeling 'flat' at all.
We've been waiting all summer to see City again and now that the new season is here you feel 'flat'. I find that strange.

Last nights game was pretty good, although neither team looked particularly special.

homer said:

The Doobie: "Both survival and supremacy in life are not about right and wrong, good or bad, but simply about winning or losing. Pity in some ways - cause it makes for some unexciting football - but true. Truly great football managers win - and they win with panache - which is what sets em apart. Over to you Mickey. Save our friend from feeling flat.

EMC Fox said:
I don't feel flat at all...

In fact i'm shit scared about tonight - I feel like we HAVE to win this and it's only the second game of the season! Scary huh? :roll:

I feel like that too, strange innit. I also have a horrible feeling about tonight an all.......................i might get a sheep inflatable flung at me, that will bring back memories of a cold November night on the moors.

rotherhamfox said:
EMC Fox said:
I don't feel flat at all...

In fact i'm shit scared about tonight - I feel like we HAVE to win this and it's only the second game of the season! Scary huh? :roll:

I feel like that too, strange innit. I also have a horrible feeling about tonight an all.......................i might get a sheep inflatable flung at me, that will bring back memories of a cold November night on the moors.

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Tony Elsby said:
homer said:

The Doobie: "Both survival and supremacy in life are not about right and wrong, good or bad, but simply about winning or losing. Pity in some ways - cause it makes for some unexciting football - but true. Truly great football managers win - and they win with panache - which is what sets em apart. Over to you Mickey. Save our friend from feeling flat.

Tony Elsby = James Walker

As usual Homer, I agree with you - I found myself drifting loads from what was by all accounts an exciting game last night. Something about Reading, the M4, the endless long balls down the line, the lack of possession football....mind you, that's us isn't it?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669