Italian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Odds from #####. May or may not be reopened after qualifying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Final qualifying result from Monza:

1 S Vettel (Ger) Toro Rosso 1m 35.555

2 H Kovalainen (Fin) McLaren 1:37.631

3 M Webber (Aus) Red Bull 1:38.177

4 S Bourdais (Fr) Toro Ross 1:38.445

5 N Rosberg (Ger) Williams 1:38.767

6 F Massa (Brz) Ferrari 1:38.894

7 J Trulli (It) Toyota 1:39.152

8 F Alonso (Sp) Renault 1:39.751

From BBC

Toro Rosso's Sebastian Vettel is on pole for the Italian GP on a grid mixed up by heavy rain during qualifying.

Lewis Hamilton qualified 15th following a strategic error. Title rival Felipe Massa was sixth, with Ferrari team-mate Kimi Raikkonen only 14th fastest.

Hamilton was eliminated in the second session because he was on the wrong tyres when the track was at its driest.

McLaren team-mate Heikki Kovalainen was second ahead of Red Bull's Mark Webber and Toro Rosso's Sebastien Bourdais.

The result sparked wild celebrations in the Toro Rosso pit, and will lead to expectations for a thrilling race as the front-runners try to work their way through the field.

Vettel, 21, replaces double world champion Fernando Alonso as the youngest man to take pole position in Formula One history.

Final qualifying result from Monza:

1 S Vettel (Ger) Toro Rosso 1m 35.555

2 H Kovalainen (Fin) McLaren 1:37.631

3 M Webber (Aus) Red Bull 1:38.177

4 S Bourdais (Fr) Toro Ross 1:38.445

5 N Rosberg (Ger) Williams 1:38.767

6 F Massa (Brz) Ferrari 1:38.894

7 J Trulli (It) Toyota 1:39.152

8 F Alonso (Sp) Renault 1:39.751

From BBC

Should make for a good race with 2 top cars way down the grid

I wouldn't be surprised to see another investigation into Hamilton's race.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another investigation into Hamilton's race.

If they do that now and impose another penalty after the race they will create absolute carnage. I think in this instance they won't follow anything up personally.

If they do that now and impose another penalty after the race they will create absolute carnage. I think in this instance they won't follow anything up personally.
Good point, they had plenty of time during the race to issue a time pen.

I thought they treated Massa harshly today making him give that place back, he still had two wheels on the track FFS.

They are making the "sport" a joke at the minute. I have never seen so many people giving back places as I have today. Bring back gravel traps, that'd sort the shit out.

It was quite interesting to hear that all the drivers thought Hamilton deserved his punishment last week. I would expect they too know what they're talking about :icon_wink

It was quite interesting to hear that all the drivers thought Hamilton deserved his punishment last week. I would expect they too know what they're talking about :icon_wink

Perhaps Hamilton should take that as a compliment, in the same way a good rival footballer gets booed to feck.:102:

Good point, they had plenty of time during the race to issue a time pen.

I thought they treated Massa harshly today making him give that place back, he still had two wheels on the track FFS.

They are making the "sport" a joke at the minute. I have never seen so many people giving back places as I have today. Bring back gravel traps, that'd sort the shit out.

I expect they are all his rivals so would not be interested in backing him.

I agree that the Massa decision was ludicrous, he was less over the chicane than most drivers were routinely.

Perhaps Hamilton should take that as a compliment, in the same way a good rival footballer gets booed to feck.:102:

I expect they are all his rivals so would not be interested in backing him.
Not really. Historically in F1 the drivers pretty much agree on most things regarding rules.

Of course they have their own individual squabbles, but they usually agree over the rules and regs, as they appear to have this time.

hamilton drive carelessly today, squeezing webber out before the wiggly bit and pushing matey-boy onto the grass before that. No wonder the other drivers think he's an arse.

top marks for the kraut though, it's nice to see red bull get a break for once.

hamilton drive carelessly today, squeezing webber out before the wiggly bit and pushing matey-boy onto the grass before that. No wonder the other drivers think he's an arse.

top marks for the kraut though, it's nice to see red bull get a break for once.

I dont see any difference in Hamiltons driving to that of Schumy, and imo its good to see a driver having some balls for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669