Just Because This Made Me Laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t read Kevin Keegan’s recent autobiography but I’ve heard this story told elsewhere 2nd hand.

Kevin Keegan gets offered something like £500 by a sports manufacturer to wear a pair of their new white football boots which as I understand was unheard of at the time.... He thinks it over and decides to ask Tommy Smith was he thinks as KK’s captain. Smith says something along the lines of ‘if I catch you wearing a pair of white football boots I’ll kill you’. Keegan turns them down.

Next home game in the dressing room before kick off, Smith is parading around in a pair off white boots, showing them off to the lads. ‘And they’ve paid me £200 just to wear them!’

I’ve probably got that all wrong but you get the jist.

I haven’t read Kevin Keegan’s recent autobiography but I’ve heard this story told elsewhere 2nd hand.

Kevin Keegan gets offered something like £500 by a sports manufacturer to wear a pair of their new white football boots which as I understand was unheard of at the time.... He thinks it over and decides to ask Tommy Smith was he thinks as KK’s captain. Smith says something along the lines of ‘if I catch you wearing a pair of white football boots I’ll kill you’. Keegan turns them down.

Next home game in the dressing room before kick off, Smith is parading around in a pair off white boots, showing them off to the lads. ‘And they’ve paid me £200 just to wear them!’

I’ve probably got that all wrong but you get the jist.

That's from the deep dive series of episodes from 'Top Flight Time Machine' podcast.

They did a couple about the two Roy Keane autobiographies and are currently doing the KK one. They have done 17 episodes on it so far and have only just reached him going to Newcastle as a player.

It's excellent, sweary, nonsense.

That's from the deep dive series of episodes from 'Top Flight Time Machine' podcast.

They did a couple about the two Roy Keane autobiographies and are currently doing the KK one. They have done 17 episodes on it so far and have only just reached him going to Newcastle as a player.

It's excellent, sweary, nonsense.

Oh I’m very much a ****er, don’t you worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad death of Tommy Smith reminded me of this impersonation of the great Bill Shankly that has always made me laugh.

Love how he picked Leicester City about Bill Shanklys teamtalks and the players were all shite
Then Blimey later on he goes for poitical references and Teresa May -shite - so no change there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757